• Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

Here's the tackle for the second:

Gabby_Tackled_for_Pen_2_zps9dc011dd.gif

Working on finding the first.

His knee takes out Gabby's trailing leg before he touches the ball, very good shout to be honest.

As I have said in the match thread - there is a massive misconception that if you get the ball it can not be foul - No such rule exists 

Besides, if you look at Gabby's left foot there it basically turns at a right angle when the defender crashes in.

On the first penalty, I think the Arsenal players were complaining that since Weimann had had a shot the ball couldn't be called back from the advantage.

Clark impressed me - slotting into the back four in difficult circumstances and defending well. KEA also. He really harassed the Arsenal midfield and made sure we didn't miss Sylla. Fantastic effort. Guzan made a couple of great saves, also.

On the other hand, Weimann looked poor. However he did play a couple of key passes towards the end... And Vlaar looked a bit suspect on occasion.

Anyway, what a fantastic start to the new season! Such a difference from West Ham away last year. I reckon the team is really starting to reflect our manager's vision.

• Like 3

His knee takes out Gabby's trailing leg before he touches the ball, very good shout to be honest.

As I have said in the match thread - there is a massive misconception that if you get the ball it can not be foul - No such rule exists 

I'm confused as to whether you are agreeing with what I said or not?

Either way, he fouls Gabby before he touches the ball, the contact between his knee and Gabby's left ankle/foot would've been a 'blatant' foul if it had been done with his foot. Really well spotted by the referee.

Lambert needs to wear a suit every game...

Armani all the way.It's a business trip, so treat it like one.

I was derided by some last season for saying he needed to smarten up and results would follow. I feel vindicated!! smashing result that.

On the first penalty, I think the Arsenal players were complaining that since Weimann had had a shot the ball couldn't be called back from the advantage.

Even if that was true, he'd still have had to send the keeper off.

• Like 1

What a crazy game. Incredible. It was a battle. Our guys fought hard, and won. What more can you ask.

For me MOTM is a race between Gabby and Guzan. I give the edge to Gabby.

I am a supporter of Delph, but didn't rate his game as high as many others here. He was more inconsistent than the above two.

Benteke, Weimann and Luna: not good in general, but then scored the goals needed for us. Luna's goal was extremely valuable. How do you rate a performance like that?

Don't want to talk about the negatives, but there's ample room for improvement.

I don't think we played brilliantly overall but certainly showed flashes of what we can do. I think almost every player went from terrible to sublime in a heart beat. But I do think we looked more solid as a unit and aside from the soft goal we defended pretty well.

Surprisingly Clark did well, KEA was very tidy and intelligent although I still think we need Sylla at times for the battering ram affect.

Gabby was superb again, it just shows you what a useless prick Woy Wodgeson is too overlook our players.

I'm confused as to whether you are agreeing with what I said or not?

Either way, he fouls Gabby before he touches the ball, the contact between his knee and Gabby's left ankle/foot would've been a 'blatant' foul if it had been done with his foot. Really well spotted by the referee.

Yes I am agreeing.

Fantastic victory, well deserved and it puts us in a really good position for the tougher test of Chelsea next week. I just hope it doesnt go to the players heads. Its still very very early days. But I'm delighted.

Also, it was hilarious to hear the pathetic Arse fans chanting "spend some money". We only spent £8million this summer!

Definitely Gabby MOTM for me. Guzan pulled off some fabulous saves but I don't think they were more than we had a right to expect. Gabby's explosive drives forward  threw the Arsenal defense into disarray and winning those two penalties was what turned things for us., 

Once we got the equaliser, it was a pretty good effort all round though. Very pleasing to see the team playing with a bit more cohesion and sense of mutual support. Great start for Luna too.  :)

Great result, OK performance. Passing was a bit spotty today and as a result we lost ALOT of comfortable possession and only managed about 35% of the possession, which isn't great. Having said that i'm certain we will improve and if we can score 3 on the off days we will smash a top ten place. Guzan is invaluable as always, seems like most our wins are helped by a blinding save from the big man. Nitpicking really, c'mon the villa!

Wouldn't that only be relevant if the ref had actually played advantage rather than just not blown? I'm sure they were claiming he'd played advantage by not blowing but how quickly does a ref have to blow to kill an advantage? We are talking about a very short time space with what happened between Gabby being upended and the ball ending up with Andi taking a pop.

The can go **** themselves.

Â