• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

Clear penno. Similar to the Roger Johnson tackle a few years ago.

Made the tackle from a bad angle, barely touched the ball and cleaned out the striker. If he didn't take out gabby then gabby would have still got to the ball.

Hope he's ok -looks terrible - but was that what Benteke got booked for ?

no his booking was a bit daft, jenkinson I think skipped past him and he just stuck a leg out and brought him down, wasn't really much contact and jenkinson made the most of it but it was the right decision

Hope he's ok -looks terrible - but was that what Benteke got booked for ?

no his booking was a bit daft, jenkinson I think skipped past him and he just stuck a leg out and brought him down, wasn't really much contact and jenkinson made the most of it but it was the right decision

Yes i remember it now.

I think the second pen was the right decision, even if Koscielny got a touch on the ball it was still in Gabby's path when he got brought down. The ref was terrible, not something I like to see even when it is generally in our favour.

Can we all switch our browsers to yahoo - they are saying it was a late challenge for the pen 

which one? the 1st was an all dayer and it was a shambles he didn't get sent off, the 2nd one was questionable but I took it as a roger Johnson decision, the defender didn't get enough on the ball to stop gabby from getting on the end of it if he hadn't have taken him down

• Like 1

I didn't see 1st half.

Great start this season. Great result. Guzan was man of the match.

The defense needs to improve, especially central defense. The struggle was good. Players were doing their best. In 80th minute or so, Delph wins a free kick. He saw loose ball and fought to win it. We need more such moments.

The referee ruled too much, but he was still true to himself. He had the courage to whistle against the better team (greater name). I hope this will be the norm this season.

We may have little chance against Chelsea, MU and MC. It would be bonus if we win them. But we have a good chance against other teams, especially the poorer.

We should focus on getting a good result against them. We can not loose points against them. It would be a shame and made performance as today to zero.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, how many times can Szechsney (however the hell you spell it) get away with that without getting a red. He did that like 6 times last year and always manages to get out of it with a yellow.

Personally thought the first was a dead cert penalty. Szczęsny should've been sent off. 

Second one probably wasn't.

I'm thinking, if the roles were reversed and it was our player who made that challenge on an Arsenal player, we would probably say that wasn't a penalty.

I think the second pen was the right decision, even if Koscielny got a touch on the ball it was still in Gabby's path when he got brought down. The ref was terrible, not something I like to see even when it is generally in our favour.

Yes it was right decision.  Koscielny tried to get the ball first, but it didn't work out.

Â