• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

What about that pass from Gabby late in the 2nd half to set up Bacuna's shot at goal? From behind halfway it rocketed through the midfield and split two Arsenal defenders who were only about 10 metres from each other, straight to Bacuna's feet.

Never seen that sort of quality from Gabby before. And those drives into the box - wow.

No doubt in my mind they were both penos and if you are going to dive in feet first in the box to tackle a bloke going at that speed at the goals - you deserve to give away a penalty.

And those whingeing Arsenal rocket polishers can go back through the replays of some of the dodgy penalties Arsenal have "won" against us (I can think of Walcott and Van Persie flopping in the box at VP a few years back for a start) and then they can go and get ****.

And Bradley Guzan's cock-save should be immortalized in a mural at Villa Park. 

• Like 2

Great team performance! Our best players in my opinion were Guzan, El Ahmadi, Delph and Gabby.

Love it!

Just think what will happen when we have a match when Benteke and wieman also click with Gabby, where Westwood is really pulling the strings of the opposition with Delph and El Ahmadi and Lowton and tony moon are bombing down the wings.

Exciting...

And then the bench doesn't look like a bunch of trainees but all have the potential to offer something different and turn a game.

How can Shearer say it was a yellow card as he was going away from goal? Gabby knocks the ball past him with his pace he is 100% tapping that ball into an empty net. Stone wall red card. 

Shearer is right, ref handled that superbly!

Great team performance! Our best players in my opinion were Guzan, El Ahmadi, Delph and Gabby.

Love it!

Just think what will happen when we have a match when Benteke and wieman also click with Gabby, where Westwood is really pulling the strings of the opposition with Delph and El Ahmadi and Lowton and tony moon are bombing down the wings.

I think we're still better suited to play against teams who'll attack us. Remains to be seen how we'll fare against teams who park the bus. Is there anyone there who can unlock a 10 man defence? Is the movement sufficiently improved to wear down that kind of opposition? Hopefully, but I have a feeling we'll see plenty of draws against teams we should be beating on paper, at least before Christmas

Okay so I just watched the second penalty on match of the day here in America after reading a really good point fro Lambert about why it actually is a pk and he's right. If you look at it closely, Aghbonlahor was actually the one who got the ball, Koscielny just brushed it, but Agbonlahor got most of his boot to it and that's why the ball went toward the goal line and not the corner. So the referee was actually correct, and it was a penalty. So a deserved result. Even awesomer. 

On first watch I thought that second penalty looked a little dubious also, but the replays show that, before Koscielny gets a nick of the ball, his trailing knee catches Gabby's foot and trips him up. I highly doubt the ref or the linesman actually saw that in real time, I think he made the right call for the wrong reason -- but it was the right call.

Koscielny's second yellow was very soft, though, we got fortunate with that call. That said, their keeper (whose name I won't bother to try to spell) should have gotten a red for taking Gabby down twenty minutes in, and it would have been a very different game if that had happened. A lot of very perplexing calls by the ref today, bewildering from both sides.

Just watched the game back for the 4th time. Anyone notice who headed the corner ball out of the box at the start of the Luna goal? One Christian benteke. Gabby absolutely brilliant just as he finished last season. If he carries on like that benteke will get 20 league goals just on pens!

Great day out yesterday at The Emirates, I was far too inebriated to attempt posting on here when i got home.

After a dodgy start we grew into the game and at 1-1 i always thought we'd win it. Rosicky caused one of two issues with his clever give and go passes which left us flat footed at times but credit to all the players for a very good team performance.

I gave Gabby MOTM but Delph was a close second and I also thought Clark was excellent when he came on.

Credit to the Gooners, plenty of them praised our performance after the game. 

Onwards and upwards !!

Weimann played two beautiful through balls (including the one for Tony Moon) in the second half - but kinda got lucky that the ref didn't just leave us with the advantage for the first penalty. as he missed the goal.

Andy Gray and Richard "Hairy handed Cov City ****" Keys were saying that the advantage was played and was our fault we didn't capitalise, thus we could easily have not been given the penalty.

the rule is that the ref can allow play to continue but if the advantage doesnt materialise then he can pull it back - weiman didnt hit the target to advantage lost and play brought back - simples!

Brillant. So glad I went to the game yesterday! I was quietly confident of a result, but I have to say I feared the worst when the arsenal scored early doors. You have to say all the decisions went our way, but we played well and to come back from 1-0 down away, speaks well for the side. As ever under lambert we look very tasty up front, but  poor at the back. If Arsenal still had RVP, I think we may have lost yesterday. Guzan was immense again, thought Clark didnt let the side down when he came on. Vlaar was decent but Lowton and Luna didnt have the best of times at the back. Good going forward though. KEA probably had the best game I have seen in  a Villa shirt. Delph made Wiltshire have a quiet game, Westy put in a neat and tidy peformance as ever, and the front 3 look like they can score at any game.I  think the pens were fair, but perhaps the sending off a bit harsh.

The claret and blue faithful made a hell of a noise in the corporate bowl that is the emirates. If the Arsenal customers are that fed up of it, they should not renew and go. If they started getting 40,000 crowds, they would soon bring in a few players. Wenger was as ungracious as ever. I know its only 1 game, but if they don't get a decent striker they will do well to get 4th. As for Villa, great start and hopefully we can keep this going. UTV.

Â