• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

Another game of the day staying on the Sky+ for the unseeable future :)

Delph was brilliant really got about them harrassing as did KEA, he was impressive nicking the ball of Wilshere just before Delph hit the post

Gabby is a straight legend, love the guy hes speed is frightening as ever. Top draw yesterday.

Benteke keeps notching them up, always a threat. Wiemann was a nit rusty but had good awareness to put Tony through at the end.

Guzans shotstopping was fantastic again, keeps us in so many games. The Rosicky and Cazorla saves were first rate and loved his reaction when we got the 3rd.

Vlaar was at fault for the goal but got better as the game went on, Clark for once didnt make an error but im sure it was a one off for him but who cares that performance will give him some confidence.

Last time we won away 3-1 and had Chelsea away in the next game it all went horribly wrong, hopefully we see no repeat. Best we can hope for is a draw, imagine a win haha and at home next week, we'd have to be considered title contenders :P

UTV!

I think you should at least watch the performance of the ref, even if you aren't that interested in how we played.

Villa were sh!te. Stevo wont care, but they're on my short list for relegation already. They're awful.

:clap:

I think you should at least watch the performance of the ref, even if you aren't that interested in how we played.

Villa were sh!te. Stevo wont care, but they're on my short list for relegation already. They're awful.

What's that from?

Baker however was brilliant, his performance showed maturity beyond his years. Excellent journalism.

oh and apparently kea nearly scored when szcezney rushed out of his box.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

What's that from?

Arsenal forum

So bitter. The ref was to blame and we were shit apparently. Clueless.

• Like 1

Why are you reading that crap? I heard it's now behind a paywall.

Got the newspaper from the care this morning.

I don't know what that means. I think you subscribe to the website to view Page3. Admit it...

"I don't care about Arsenal... They don't care about me... All I care about.... Is...AVFC". WOW! What a day... Feared the worst when we conceded the early goal but once we got the equaliser we gained a foot hold in the match. Second half we looked a lot more assured and apart from a 10 minute spell when they went down to 10 men in which Brad made a couple of great saves we were the better side. Gabby MOTM for me, creating the first two goals - first one def pen and a sending off for me, however I can see it from an Arsenal perspective that he had let advantage go but Weimaan missed the chance. Second one also a penalty for me, thought it at the time & that hasn't changed. I saw it from the west stand with the Arsenal fans & one sat next to me with his head in his hands straight away, think he took the view it was a pen too. Sending off was harsh for me but silly to even give the referee the decision to make by diving in. A special mention to the Villa fans - I was disappointed I wasn't in with them - though it was just as enjoyable watching & listening to them throughout. I'm not ashamed to say I was literally in tears at the end of the match - overwhelming!

• Like 1

One of the best away days I've had as a Villa fan and I've had a few. Outstanding performance, even after conceding an early goal, thought the floodgates literally were going to open. Vlaar was somehow outmuscled by Rosicky in the build-up to their first goal  :huh:  and when Clark came on, instead of Okore, for again another head injury to Baker I again downed some more of my pint. But we managed to sort yourself out and get the victory we deserved.

Could of had more than 3, but Delph (my MOTM) Gabby and Benteke tormented the Arsenal back 4 (won't qualify for the CL this season) at this rate. Gabby's run that led to the first goal was world class; not forgetting obviously Guzan, who made 2 outstanding saves.

Forgot to mention the referee, had a good game in my opinion, made some crucial decisions and was right in making them all e.g. the two penalties and the sending off.

Edited by Avflife

Yep, the second penalty was legit, he clipped Gabby's knee right before he got his foot on the ball. 

For all the moaning Arsenal fans are doing about the officiating, Chezney should have seen red for the first penalty, it was a clear as day takedown...

There was a lot of positivity on here about this game before the game that I just didn't share. I should be ashamed of myself. Magnificent result.

you can be forgiven, when most of us who fancied them were led by our hearts not our heads

its amazing where youth, passion and togetherness....with a touch of doggedness, can take you.

Â