13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Jack Grealish is a villan

He wears an England cap 

Born with claret and blue blood

He is a dashing sight

He twists and turns with his left foot

And scores them with his right

And when we play small heath he will score all **** night

That will lead to its fair share of unpleasantries in the area down below.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

in absence of a better place to put it, just watching MOTD2, seems like we play music when goals are scored at VP now? sounds like paranoid by sabbath. love the band, don't get me wrong, but hoping it's not a permanent feature. never been keen on grounds that do that. maybe just whilst no fans in the stadium? drown out any swearing etc?

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

in absence of a better place to put it, just watching MOTD2, seems like we play music when goals are scored at VP now? sounds like paranoid by sabbath. love the band, don't get me wrong, but hoping it's not a permanent feature. never been keen on grounds that do that. maybe just whilst no fans in the stadium? drown out any swearing etc?

Yeah I noticed that, it was Paranoid. I'm assuming it's only while there are no crowds in, just to try and add some celebratory atmosphere other than 30 or so Villa staff clapping. I'm sure it won't continue when we're allowed back. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 28/04/2023 at 09:42, Captain_Townsend said:

Liverpool v Aston Villa in 1992-93. Skip to 11 mins 35 seconds here for a terrific, loud rendition of The Bells Are Ringing from the away end: 

Really odd how this just disappeared. 

• Like 1

Ok.. before you read this…. Be aware,,, I have had at least 3 pints of lager and a bottle of jamesons.. so latitude please..

imagine Villa park playing massive attack paradise circus.. and 30k Villa fans doing the clapping sections of the song.. specifically the outro with the strings..

now don’t get me wrong, I know we’d all have to turn up for rehearsals.. all 30k of us.. because it’s not that easy to get it right.. but still.. it would be so unique in world football culture..modern, weird and new level awe inspiring

with that…. I’m off to find a bin to puke in….

happy bank holiday!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was singing Villa songs to my 4 year old and then he said he had one which I’d like to share. 

“I go to Villa, I go to Villa by myself.

We’ve got Diaby, he’s a little boy.

We score a goal, then we go home.

This is Halloween, this is Halloween”

Catchy, yeah?

• Haha 2

Â