The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

I would like to hear the old call in Unison of....

Villa are Back,Villa Are Back....Hello,Hello

Those dulcet tones move me.

Ps Probably the loudest I have heard Villa Park, last night.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I would like to hear the old call in Unison of....

Villa are Back,Villa Are Back....Hello,Hello

Those dulcet tones move me.

Ps Probably the loudest I have heard Villa Park, last night.

Edited by punkymonkey666
Wrong end of stick!
  • Confused 1

Anyone able to give me a hand making a chant for Engles to the tune of Angels by Robbie Williams? I'm not a wordsmith by any stretch of the imagination. 

All I've got so far is an idea around this...

And through it all... He offers us protection. Shot, block or deflection. Whether on the right or left. 

I know there's some geniuses in here that can make this work!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Anyone able to give me a hand making a chant for Engles to the tune of Angels by Robbie Williams? I'm not a wordsmith by any stretch of the imagination. 

All I've got so far is an idea around this...

And through it all... He offers us protection. Shot, block or deflection. Whether on the right or left. 

I know there's some geniuses in here that can make this work!

... I'm loving Mingels instead. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/08/2019 at 10:28, OutByEaster? said:

Last night I heard:

We all dream of a team of John McGinns, a team of John McGinns and one Tyrone Mings

We all dream of a team of John McGinns, a team of John McGinns and one Tyrone Mings

etc

This is brilliant 

Lads not sure if ever heard this at villa but heard something from a Leeds fan when you sing a players name to the tune of La Bamba. Then you say plays for the villa and change to the next player. Then you go on and on through the team. It would be brilliant and good fun.

It would start with:

Marvelous Nakamba, Marvelous Nakamaba, Marvelous Nakamba, plays with the Villa, Bjorn Engles.  

Bjorn Engels, Bjorn Engles, Bjorn Engles, plays for the Villa, Douglas Luiz....and so on. 

What you reckon?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27 November 2019 at 20:23, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lads not sure if ever heard this at villa but heard something from a Leeds fan when you sing a players name to the tune of La Bamba. Then you say plays for the villa and change to the next player. Then you go on and on through the team. It would be brilliant and good fun.

It would start with:

Marvelous Nakamba, Marvelous Nakamaba, Marvelous Nakamba, plays with the Villa, Bjorn Engles.  

Bjorn Engels, Bjorn Engles, Bjorn Engles, plays for the Villa, Douglas Luiz....and so on. 

What you reckon?

I rather liked the Leeds version, but that same tune is now too associated with the ill-fated Konsa song (and whatever that nonsense was about Nakamba). Doubt it's a melody that will get another chance even with a wholesale change of lyrics. 

• Like 1

On 12 December 2019 at 13:07, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest, I discussed this with an Arsenal friend of mine. Is Sweet Caroline sung by every team in the league? 

I believe it's only Villa and Arsenal who play it routinely. Eight home wins between us – not much of a lucky charm this Neil Diamond fella.

Â