Manchester United

BOF

If we'd announced we were going to be appointing an interim manager for the rest of the season, in November, I'd be absolutely furious with us writing off the season so early and showing such little ambition. What a sad, shadow of their former selves they've become. I'm loving every day of it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The media are a joke. How is it anything but hilarious? United have done so much damage to the game. The chickens are coming home to roost. 

I always remember that Northern Irish commentator on BBC Radio 5 commentating on a United Champions league match when he uttered the words "English football NEEDS a strong Manchester United". I nearly crashed the bloody car. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

one of those myths where ex players to Fergie and immediately they are super football coaches - please let it continue.

His protege records are appalling. Best was probably Mark Hughes who is an ok manager at best

1 hour ago, sne said:

Maguire getting some heat from the Manure fans for going out for dinner and posing for photos last night.

In isolation not a big sin to have dinner after a loss but he probably should have stayed home and at least pretended that he cared.

If it is anything like his defending then I bet he went to the wrong restaurant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His protege records are appalling. Best was probably Mark Hughes who is an ok manager at best

Laurant Blanc, but I doubt anyone would dare claim he had time to influence him much considering was only there for 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If we'd announced we were going to be appointing an interim manager for the rest of the season, in November, I'd be absolutely furious with us writing off the season so early and showing such little ambition. What a sad, shadow of their former selves they've become. I'm loving every day of it. 

It’s brilliant isn’t it. 

During the Moyes period i think most fans took a kind of view of “let’s enjoy it while it’s last because this is only short term, UTD will be back”

Its hilarious that we are still laughing at them 5/6yrs later. 

Long may it continue 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Funny thing is I think Dean Smith could have done a good job there if he waited a week longer.

But I guess he hasn't got enough insta followers.

He's a much better manager than Solksjaer, but you don't go from being sacked at Villa to gettiong the Man United gig, even when they're in turmoil.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's a much better manager than Solksjaer, but you don't go from being sacked at Villa to gettiong the Man United gig, even when they're in turmoil.

You don't, sure. 

Equally, a solskjer/Mourinho/other questionable manager are also bad decisions, so maybe a good coach like Smith could have done a job until end of season and take it from there. 

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

But if he is sacked from Newcastle to United thats another thing 😂🙏

• Like 1

OGS did his job in keeping the fans largely united and not anti-glazier during this time at Old Trafford (bar the superleague shambles) but he was never actually going to win anything was he. The longer this carriers on the more likely United will become irrelevant behind Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Is it just the 3 trophies since taggart retired?, and two of them (league cup and europa) are trophies which are very much the second tier for a club like United.

Â