Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

So you think Bruce has no class? Or is it one rule for one, and another rule for someone else? Or could it just be that he's had words on the quiet, and it didn't work, so public shaming is what he felt necessary? 

We've no idea how long he's been told to sort it out at United. Bit given that he's not the first to be critical of Shaw, I think it's a fair assessment to say it's not a relatively recent thing. 

Has Bruce come out and slagged off a specific players' ability?

Like Jose, he criticised training and focus. Which he's done with McCormack and Grealish at points since taking over. 

People playing Jose's game again, though. Poor results, says something to take the focus off, and everyone laps it up. 

• Like 1

I think his treatment of Schweinsteiger was appalling and he has admitted it himself. He treated Mkhitaryan and Mata woefully in the past as well

I think its poor form he picks on young players like Shaw, De Bruyne but he doesnt have the balls to criticise the shit players like Rooney or Pogba

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think his treatment of Schweinsteiger was appalling and he has admitted it himself. He treated Mkhitaryan and Mata woefully in the past as well

I think its poor form he picks on young players like Shaw, De Bruyne but he doesnt have the balls to criticise the shit players like Rooney or Pogba

While I kinda agree in principle, Pogba is only 2 years older than Shaw. 

And he has dropped Rooney for long periods.

Also think there is a difference in that Shaw (supposedly) has issues with attitude and application where as Rooney simply no longer is any good.

I've always liked Mourinho, but I'm getting less fond of him by the day. 

As others have said he's lost that that made him special and where you used to see what he was doing and why with his antics it's now less clear and he seem unbalanced.

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

No real improvement than under Van Gaal really. Still lumping the ball forward for the Fellani and Zlatan. Probably should have beat Everton with the controversial offside decision.

The thing is, they're not that far away from being 2nd or 3rd this year. Convert 3 or 4 of those home draws into wins and they would be. 

Fine margins. 

Mourinho is a winner and he'll get them up there. He's not as charming and slick as he used to be, I think he comes across as a prick now, but he'll get it right. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think his treatment of Schweinsteiger was appalling and he has admitted it himself. He treated Mkhitaryan and Mata woefully in the past

I think its poor form he picks on young players.. 

You suggest he picks on young players and mention Schweinasaur, Mata and Mkhitaryan in the same breath. He's also barely played Rooney at all and given a lot of chances to Martial, Lingaard and Rashford who have all let him down. 

He drops players who don't perform and will criticise whether you're a world cup winner or a kid. He can't win either way really, but I don't suppose he cares. 

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Like Jose, he criticised training and focus. Which he's done with McCormack and Grealish at points since taking over. 

People playing Jose's game again, though. Poor results, says something to take the focus off, and everyone laps it up. 

So...

...poor Mourinho, gets picked on because he's "Mr. Ego", but actually...

...it's all part of his egotistical game to draw attention away from results? :detect: 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So...

...poor Mourinho, gets picked on because he's "Mr. Ego", but actually...

...it's all part of his egotistical game to draw attention away from results? :detect: 

If you say so. 

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

If you say so. 

Well...

On 05/04/2017 at 11:22, kurtsimonw said:

But when Jose does/says something it gets blown out of proportion. Like the dropping of Casillas, all about his ego, thinks he's bigger than the club, etc.

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

...maybe the answer is "both".  It's not all about his ego and is just about keeping the club on their unbeaten run whilst having the media (and us) discuss how much of an idiot he is, keeping the conversation all about him in a non-egotistical way.

Clever Jose.

Lingard getting 100k a week is crazy.

He's a decent squad player for them and has the knack of scoring goals in big games (two in cup finals) but he's not some amazing prospect is he.

It's like O'Shea and Richardson coming through for them now and getting 100k a week when we've seen how average/poor they are when they move away from Man. United.

Part of Man. United's decline is they just keep average squad players like him, Fellani and A. Young around year after year and surprise surprise when they get a few injuries they have to play and lose points.

Edited by VillaChris

Yes easy money. It what makes you sick about the modern game. Players earning 100k a week and doing nothing for it. That's why I don't get the hatred for Vardy who has come through non league football  having to do a job as well and has worked hard to to get his 100k a week and deserves it.

Edited by PaulC

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lingard is barely a top half standard player.

And therein lies the problem for clubs like us and anyone outside that spending power. 

If lingard can earn £100k is it no wonder that players like benteke, delph, Milner, young et al all wanted to leave to go to these clubs? 

We have no chance of retaining anyone decent when the 'elite' can spunk that amount per week on an average squad player. 

Edited by theboyangel

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lingard getting 100k a week is crazy.

He's a decent squad player for them and has the knack of scoring goals in big games (two in cup finals) but he's not some amazing prospect is he.

That's him sorted for life now. £100k a week for 4 years. £20.8m plus add-ons.

Phil Jones is on £120k a week reportedly. No wonder he looks shocked all the time, he probably can't believe his luck!

Â