Manchester United

BOF

We are not comparable to United so why bother.

United heed to spend and they know it regardless of "this is the team that won the title last year" they will fall behind the others if they don't. They're fans current favourite is look at how much Chelsea and City have spent forgetting that for all of the 90's they broke transfer records and spent the most.

It is a new game and the owners need to dig deep to compete. I for one hope they don't and watch United struggle to compete for the title, they will not get to our level as they are too big.

Some of you guys are overstating their problems. They have a MUCH better squad than we do. It's laughable trying to compare the two. It's the same squad that won the league last year by 12 points.

Cleverley and Jones instead of Delph and Clark? You must be havin' a laugh mate.

Why pick two of their worst players and compare them to two of our best?

If you don't think Carrick, Fellaini and Kagawa would be a better midfield three than Westwood Delph and KEA I can't help you.

Their fullbacks are better than ours, their strikers are better than ours (and are some of the best in the world) their keeper is better than ours. Vidic is better than Vlaar.

The only position where we might have a better player then them is the second CB position. I think Jones is better than Clark but both are good young centre backs.

Totally agree.  United are doing worse than they normally do but they are still light years ahead of us unfortunately and it will remain thus as long as Lerner is at the club.

Cleverley and Jones instead of Delph and Clark? You must be havin' a laugh mate.

Why pick two of their worst players and compare them to two of our best?

1. It's fun

2. With Delph and Clark, we're not even comparing with our very best

3. That's even more fun

If you don't think Carrick, Fellaini and Kagawa would be a better midfield three than Westwood Delph and KEA I can't help you.

No, I wouldn't take Carrick. Past it. You might get another Barry-like season out of him but I'm happy to build on Westwood who will be better than Carrick next season or the one after. I'd take Fellaini over KEA. I would not take Kagawa over Delph. Kagawa would have to compete with Weimann and I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that yet. Kagawa hasn't proved himself in the Premier League.  Does enjoy playing in this league?

Their fullbacks are better than ours, their strikers are better than ours (and are some of the best in the world) their keeper is better than ours. Vidic is better than Vlaar.

The only position where we might have a better player then them is the second CB position. I think Jones is better than Clark but both are good young centre backs.

I wouldn't take Rafael even in a straight swap with Luna. Disciplinary issues. No thanks.

Evra, 100% but like Carrick there is not much point.

Vidic is NOT better than Vlaar. His reputation is bigger but on most recent performances this season I'd take Vlaar.

Jones has played with world class defenders last 2-3 years and still has a bit of a calamity streak about him which is why Moyes and Ferguson refuse to let him near CB. 

Clark is much more sound and his development is still on the upcurve.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!!

You wouldn't take Rafael over Luna???????

Now you have said some ridiculous things on this forum before but that takes the biscuit.  Hahaha.  Nice one. :hooray:

Edit:  And as for the suggestions that Kagawa and Carrick are not better than Weimann and Westwood.....well..........

Edited by One For The Road

United are looking poor at the moment but most of their players would still walk into our side.

Yes, and it is pretty self evident as United 'looking poor' means they are fighting for a Champions League place whilst we are just looking to avoid relegation.

I'd love to be loving their issues,  I really would

Unfortunately I find it very difficult to and mostly because they still managed to tonk us a few weeks ago regardless of their troubles and we are one of the few clubs they have still tonked.  If we had beaten them then we could proper join in the fun

Mind you if we had beaten them then perhaps the United board would realise they had to deal with this.  "What ?  you couldn't even beat Villa?  We always beat them !!  You have to go chap"

United are looking poor at the moment but most of their players would still walk into our side.

Yes, and it is pretty self evident as United 'looking poor' means they are fighting for a Champions League place whilst we are just looking to avoid relegation.

You must be great fun at a party.

This 'poor' run probably won't last so I don't blame people for enjoying what many have been waiting decades to see. The penalty shoot-out last night is my favourite non-Villa moment of the season. 

Rafael is a walking red card. he's been with Utd for years but not developed big-game maturity like Gary Neville whom he has replaced. don't think he ever will. at a club that loses more games in the season than Utd typically do toys will be flying out his pram every week. no thanks.

Kagawa is not proven in the Premier League. There must be a reason why he can't get into this Man Utd team. maybe he doesn't like the pace of the game? Weimann is a known quantity.

I don't know why Mata even wants to go to Utd.

He's probably getting a nice slice of the £37,000,000 transfer fee

He's probably getting a pay rise

He has secured a contract which takes him further into his career than his current deal with Chelsea

He'll get more game time

He'll increase his chances of playing in the World Cup in Brazil

He'll be signing for one of (if not the) biggest clubs in the world

He'll get to play in the League Cup final at Wembley

• Like 1

Â