Manchester United

BOF

Who gives a **** what they do who they sign or where they're going. Why do we have a thread on the vomit stained inbreds on a Villa site. Do you think they have a thread about us on their site that is discussing our team line ups. First and most definitely last time I ever visit this nauseating thread. Rant over.

Hmmm, what were we thinking having a thread about one of the biggest clubs in world football, through very topical period in th Other Football section of Villa Talk. Mind boggling!!

And you're right, their site wouldn't have anything about us on there, except for these 3 pages worth of threads purely for the Villa.

http://bit.ly/1hw60Id

Hahaa they had a thread for our game against Litex Lovech, the boring bastards.

• Like 1

Rooney signing a new contract on 300k per week!

No way is he worth that, he has never lived up to his potential imho.

Hmm. Really?

294 league games - 150 goals - 78 assists since 2006/2007. 17 goals in 29 FA Cup games and 33 goals in 82 Champions League games. 38 goals in 88 International games. He has won 5x Premier League trophies, 1x FA Cup as well as 1x Champions League. Has scored >10 in all of his seasons with United, well he has 9 goals this season and 16 left to play.

I wouldn't say he way off having a great career, and he just turned 28.

Trophies don't make him a great, otherwise Phil Jones would be one of our best players.

For the wage he will be on - 300k - you would expect a player similar to Messi or Ronaldo, Rooney doesn't come anywhere close. Remember, he was going to be the best player in the world - he isn't anything like the best.

Aguero is a better player too, he is younger and on half that amount, Bale is better too at this moment in time (we will see if he keeps it up for a few years).

Edited by dodgyknees

Apart from being a proven Premier League-player? 34 assists in two seasons? 17 goals in the same time?

Kagawa is a very good player, but he hasn't lived up to the expectations because of many reasons.

I see Arsenal-fans are saying the same, that this won't solve anything and that United will still struggle.

I disagree, when you sign world-class players you become better. Mata is better than Kagawa, and who knows, they might play well together.

A new defensive midfielder (in this window) and they will go from a pretty dull team to an insane team.

Proven in a Chelsea team that had David Luiz, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard etc. all supporting him in their defensive role, with some talent going forward who are all-around better than the current Man Utd back line.

They certainly do need a defensive midfielder. Without one they are an axe without a shaft. No good taking one of those into battle.

I don't think it will stop there though. Defensive midfielder won't be enough. The most important position in the football team, the most influential position, is centre-back.

Vidic - past it

Ferdinand - past it

Jones - calamity

Smalling - lightweight

Evans - jack of all trades

Until they get two new CBs Man Utd will be like Villa without Vlaar and Clark.

Apart from being a proven Premier League-player? 34 assists in two seasons? 17 goals in the same time?

Kagawa is a very good player, but he hasn't lived up to the expectations because of many reasons.

I see Arsenal-fans are saying the same, that this won't solve anything and that United will still struggle.

I disagree, when you sign world-class players you become better. Mata is better than Kagawa, and who knows, they might play well together.

A new defensive midfielder (in this window) and they will go from a pretty dull team to an insane team.

Proven in a Chelsea team that had David Luiz, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard etc. all supporting him in their defensive role, with some talent going forward who are all-around better than the current Man Utd back line.

They certainly do need a defensive midfielder. Without one they are an axe without a shaft. No good taking one of those into battle.

I don't think it will stop there though. Defensive midfielder won't be enough. The most important position in the football team, the most influential position, is centre-back.

Vidic - past it

Ferdinand - past it

Jones - calamity

Smalling - lightweight

Evans - jack of all trades

Until they get two new CBs Man Utd will be like Villa without Vlaar and Clark.

Jones isn't a calamity, he just hasn't been given time to settle at his favorite position of cb because they have no midfield. Put him at center defense with a good partner and he'll do well.

In other news, they've put in a £22.5m bid for Luke Shaw. It'd be a great move for him and for Man U, I wonder what it'll take for Southampton to sell.

Edited by Rovers13

Still think Shaw will be the signing to make a statement, more so to their rivals than their fans. I'm sure that all of the top teams must be after him, good window for them if they get Mata and Shaw. Great window for them if they get Kroos or Reus, whichever one Moyes was in Germany for yesterday. 

Shaw signing for Man Utd is unlikely given how many of the big teams are interested.

I feel like you underestimate how big Man U are

And also the fact that Shaw will probably be able to get into their first team with Evra on his way out sooner or later. I think it would be a good move for Shaw, although Chelsea could be a good destination too.

As much as Shaw is a good player and a great prospect, he wouldn't make that much of a difference to the rest of their season IMO. If they want to get him they may as well just wait 'til the summer to save a bit of $$$.

Edited by myko
  • Like 1

Shaw signing for Man Utd is unlikely given how many of the big teams are interested.

in that case they will spend big to get him. £22m won't do it.  sure Chelsea will push them to the limit. City might try too.

Mata was desperate to get away from Chelsea. I can't imagine players who can "pick their club" like Shaw and some of these young Germans choosing Man Utd if they are that good and have a range of options. 

when they come out of this dip I'm imaging that Utd will plateau for a while at a level round about Tottenham, and will only make it big again if the manager is up to it. which he might be.

if he could have his pick destination why did he go to a team on the slide 7th in the table? hardly hopping on the glory wagon is he.

I reckon Man Utd were the only team prepared to over-pay for him, that's why he's gone there.

I think an awful lot of people are overestimating this.  Their current stature in the game is entirely the work of one man, now he has gone they will very quickly become one of many 'top' sides.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Â