Manchester United

BOF

Chelsea were still losing games when he was in top form though, see their run under AVB.

They need more than Mata. If they can manage to secure Aturo Vidal next week as rumoured then they're back in business as he's exactly what they need, dynamic box-to-box midfielder.

Chelsea were still losing games when he was in top form though, see their run under AVB.

They need more than Mata. If they can manage to secure Aturo Vidal next week as rumoured then they're back in business as he's exactly what they need, dynamic box-to-box midfielder.

You've missed the point. He was, in your own admittance, superb.

I don't think anyone is saying he's THE answer, but it's a **** good start.

We can't assume anything of the Mata signing for Man Utd.

Let's say they just signed Kagawa! Won't that improve them massively? Carry them to 4th?

Wait... they already have Kagawa. He's sitting on the bench. One position player. Can't use him in the current team.

How is Mata any different to Kagawa?

Let's say they just signed Kagawa! Won't that improve them massively? Carry them to 4th?

Wait... they already have Kagawa. He's sitting on the bench. One position player. Can't use him in the current team.

What you on about? The difference is Mata has been tearing up the league.

Yeah but it's people thinking Mata on his own will propel United back into top 4.

To have a decent chance, I reckon they need 70 points as give or take a point that's usually what the 4th place team finishes on. So 11 wins from their last 16 games? Have you seen anything from Moyes to think he's capable of masterminding that sort of run this season?

Yeah but it's people thinking Mata on his own will propel United back into top 4.

To have a decent chance, I reckon they need 70 points as give or take a point that's usually what the 4th place team finishes on. So 11 wins from their last 16 games? Have you seen anything from Moyes to think he's capable of masterminding that sort of run this season?

Moyes will sign a team of superstars for the next manager!

Well although Mata is best coming through the middle it is possible for him to play from the flanks, he did it at Chelsea perfectly fine. I'd also say the same for Rooney, he plays his best football in the middle but is capable of playing out wide. Kagawa isn't a winger or a wide player, he can only play through the middle but when played there he is very good at it.

I'd go with a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney, Kagawa and Mata behind RVP. Have them rotate with one another throughout games, it would cause teams a great deal of problems keeping track of those 3, especially knowing they have RVP to play the ball into. RVP is also good at dropping deep if needs be so either of the 3 behind him could go forward when they want to.

They just need to switch up the formation from the 4-4-2, their players don't suit it. 

Who gives a **** what they do who they sign or where they're going. Why do we have a thread on the vomit stained inbreds on a Villa site. Do you think they have a thread about us on their site that is discussing our team line ups. First and most definitely last time I ever visit this nauseating thread. Rant over.

• Like 1

Who gives a **** what they do who they sign or where they're going. Why do we have a thread on the vomit stained inbreds on a Villa site. Do you think they have a thread about us on their site that is discussing our team line ups. First and most definitely last time I ever visit this nauseating thread. Rant over.

The interest is only temporary as they plummet down the table. Make the most of it.

• Like 2

Apart from being a proven Premier League-player? 34 assists in two seasons? 17 goals in the same time?

Kagawa is a very good player, but he hasn't lived up to the expectations because of many reasons.

I see Arsenal-fans are saying the same, that this won't solve anything and that United will still struggle.

I disagree, when you sign world-class players you become better. Mata is better than Kagawa, and who knows, they might play well together.

A new defensive midfielder (in this window) and they will go from a pretty dull team to an insane team.

Rooney signing a new contract on 300k per week!

No way is he worth that, he has never lived up to his potential imho.

Hmm. Really?

294 league games - 150 goals - 78 assists since 2006/2007. 17 goals in 29 FA Cup games and 33 goals in 82 Champions League games. 38 goals in 88 International games. He has won 5x Premier League trophies, 1x FA Cup as well as 1x Champions League. Has scored >10 in all of his seasons with United, well he has 9 goals this season and 16 left to play.

I wouldn't say he way off having a great career, and he just turned 28.

Hmmm, what were we thinking having a thread about one of the biggest clubs in world football, through very topical period in th Other Football section of Villa Talk. Mind boggling!!

And you're right, their site wouldn't have anything about us on there, except for these 3 pages worth of threads purely for the Villa.

http://bit.ly/1hw60Id

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Â