villarule123

Just now, sne said:

He's not wrong thou, it's just not a the nice thing to say at this point :D

Well then he should sack his agent. Maybe the could have googled the Stoke squad on signing instead of looking at pay packet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Thank you Paul, for providing the only small bit of joy this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Manager Paul Lambert said: "I thought we were excellent and looked really good but Arsenal got the penalty. It was a game changer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43530417

Teeny bit disappointed that he didn't add, "but we go again" just for full comedy value :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, they played well and got undone by a dodgy penalty decision. 

I agree. If anyone actually watched the match, they'd know that Stoke didn't deserve that 3-0 scoreline. The first penalty should not have been given and that opened the game up. 

No good playing well away at Arsenal where it's tough even to get a point if you can't beat Everton, Brighton or Watford at home or Bournemouth away. These were all winnable games Lambert had.

They were also 1 up at Leicester before Butland threw one in.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I agree. If anyone actually watched the match, they'd know that Stoke didn't deserve that 3-0 scoreline. The first penalty should not have been given and that opened the game up. 

I think the term "excellent" from Lambert was a stretch. They were decent/competitive but they lost 3-0. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No good playing well away at Arsenal where it's tough even to get a point if you can't beat Everton, Brighton or Watford at home or Bournemouth away. These were all winnable games Lambert had.

They were also 1 up at Leicester before Butland threw one in.

Completely irrelevant. Lambert is being ridiculed for saying they were excellent and the penalty (which should never have been given) changed the game. He’s correct. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Completely irrelevant. Lambert is being ridiculed for saying they were excellent and the penalty (which should never have been given) changed the game. He’s correct. 

They were not excellent at all. 

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They were not excellent at all. 

Will agree to disagree. They hassled Arsenal really well and restricted them to basically nothing. Could’ve been a completely different outcome if Shaqiri’s corner (lol) went in. Arsenal ended stronger - and it didn’t look like anything other than an Arsenal win after the first penalty - but Stoke basically played as well as you could’ve hoped (if you were a Stoke fan).

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Will agree to disagree. They hassled Arsenal really well and restricted them to basically nothing. Could’ve been a completely different outcome if Shaqiri’s corner (lol) went in. Arsenal ended stronger - and it didn’t look like anything other than an Arsenal win after the first penalty - but Stoke basically played as well as you could’ve hoped (if you were a Stoke fan).

The thing is I think you make yourself sound silly when you lose a game 3-0, saying you were excellent. what he should have said is it was a good performance up until the first goal which was  a bad decision. we tried our best but arsenals quality shone through. one win in ten under lambert isnt it?  

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is I think you make yourself sound silly when you lose a game 3-0, saying you were excellent. what he should have said is it was a good performance up until the first goal which was  a bad decision. we tried our best but arsenals quality shone through. one win in ten under lambert isnt it?  

I think so, yes. Haven’t really followed them (just watched the Arsenal game) but just seen they’ve played 6 teams in the top half in that run. Against lower half sides, they’ve beaten Huddersfield and drawn with Watford, Brighton and Southampton.

Not good enough, but not a lost cause yet. They need a win in their next 4 (Liverpool, West Ham, Burnley and Spurs) though. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

O.K.

I watched most of it and tbh it was a terrible game, Arsenal are just focusing on the europa league now. Stoke worked hard but created very little. A corner going straight in would obviously have been a fluke.

Going down won't be all Lambert's fault as Hughes built the squad and messed up plenty of winnable games over the xmas period. My point is though surely the Stoke fans have a right to wonder where this sort of performance was in some of their more winnable games in last 6 weeks?

It's a bit like them matching Spurs on Saturday and then losing to a last minute Kane goal and then being terrible at home to Palace and away to West Ham.

Â