VillaGoMarching

Kane's scored loads against Arsenal hasn't he?

Wembley factor will probably hurt them this time. 53/57 points at WHL was outstanding, plenty of teams have won the league with significantly fewer points at home.

Got an undercooked Chelsea first up. Winning that would be a massive boost to them but then I remember they bottled the cup semi final when Chelsea left Costa and Hazard on the bench.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dont really understand why people want Spurs to flop and lose their best players. Its not 2009 they are not our rivals anymore. The more likeable of the scummy top teams

It's crazy but I actually agree with you.

5-10 years ago I absolutely couldn't stand Spurs.

But now it's hard to hate them.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Try harder :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you know any spurs fans? The ones I know are the worst. If Spurs started winning titles they would be unbearable. I would would probably move 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

having a bit of a wobble in the build up to the season starting, seems like rose might not have started it he might just be the first one to speak out, a few of their players feel undervalued (underpaid...) and could earn up to double what they're currently paid if they moved sideways to another top 4 challenger

add to that the fans grumbling over not signing anyone and the arsenal fans constant reminders that the stadium will curtail their finances for the next couple of years

not ideal

It's going to be a bad season for them. Doubt they will perform as well at Wembley and Rose (despite being an average player himself) is absolutely right, they have a ridiculous lack of depth. Only a matter of time before their 'top' players jump ship. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

having a bit of a wobble in the build up to the season starting, seems like rose might not have started it he might just be the first one to speak out, a few of their players feel undervalued (underpaid...) and could earn up to double what they're currently paid if they moved sideways to another top 4 challenger

add to that the fans grumbling over not signing anyone and the arsenal fans constant reminders that the stadium will curtail their finances for the next couple of years

not ideal

They really are underpaid. Eriksen was on 30k just a year ago. Kane only just hit 100k after 2 contact renewals. If Dele Alli for example moves to City, he could have his salary tripled.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

only 30k a week, blimey. tough break for a footballer. yes I know it's all **** relative, but I really hated Rose and his public saying they were all "worth more". You're footballers, not essential contributors, but entertainers. You're already set up for life, just **** off moaning like that. Fine, try and get what you can, in private, but publically moaning shows remarkable lack of class

That is a fair point 

rose showing a lack of understanding of the general publics perception of footballers (and rich people in general) he's looking for sympathy, he wont find it

still got a way to go before he tops ashley cole's "how could they do this to me" comment in his book

but purely in the context of the market he works in...he doesnt sound wrong

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rodders said:

only 30k a week, blimey. tough break for a footballer. yes I know it's all **** relative, but I really hated Rose and his public saying they were all "worth more". You're footballers, not essential contributors, but entertainers. You're already set up for life, just **** off moaning like that. Fine, try and get what you can, in private, but publically moaning shows remarkable lack of class

Totally on board with this. However, in our societies, status and standing in your profession is largely dictated by money, so on that basis it'd be of no surprise to see some of these players being unhappy. Erickson would rightly argue that he's among the best in his position in the league, but he's paid as much as a very 'average' premier league player, and sees the likes of Jesse Lingaard on more than triple his pay. 

• Like 1

I think there are a lot of people at Spurs who could earn better money elsewhere. I imagine they stick around because they had belief in what the club were doing, and wanted to win some silverware for them...but Spurs not even looking like going out and spending is just mugging them all off. Rose has every right to be pissed off...but that interview is only going to hurt him.

Danny Rose, on £65k a week, feels undervalued. 

That's Danny Rose. 

£65k a week

Undervalued.

When the time comes and someone asks you "When did you begin to wish the Premier League and everything associated with it would collapse?" this may be one of the key reasons. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

Compared to his peers he is underpaid. Alderwield arguably best centre half in the league and he's "only" on 50k apparently. To compare if Van Dijk gets his move, Liverpool will probably give him 150k deal.

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Danny Rose, on £65k a week, feels undervalued. 

That's Danny Rose. 

£65k a week

Undervalued.

When the time comes and someone asks you "When did you begin to wish the Premier League and everything associated with it would collapse?" this may be one of the key reasons. 

Sure he got that goal vs Arsenal nearly 10 years ago

Â