VillaGoMarching

11 minutes ago, penguin said:

I don't think they'll lose any stars this summer, they all seem to love Poch and he's an exceptional manager. They really need to win something next year though and actually show up in Europe.

Gonna be a struggle as they've just signed up to play home games at Wembley.

There is a lot to like about Spurs. Good footballing team, a fair few English players (Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane) who didn't cost the earth (or were homegrown) and a manager who isn't arrogant. 

They'll have a tough season next year as it is extremely unlikely they will be able to match their home form at Wembley and their away form is the worst of the top 5.

• Like 2

5 England internationals in their team, probably as many as 10 games played their already, villa at bodymoor heath can replicate Wembley pitch (size and camber)

its just a ready made excuse to play at 90% and get away with it

Dunno, wouldn't say they chocked or bottled it, they're the only team to remotely put any pressure on Chelsea and for that they deserve credit. 

Unlike Arsenal for example, now they're a complete bottle job. 

Very good season for them but can see Man City and Mn Utd being much stronger next season. I think their chance has gone. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

maybe bottling is being tough but 2 years in a row they have challenged and when got a chance to put pressure on they crumbled

It's the right word. Last night was hardly a difficult assignment for a title challenger and they've gifted Chelsea the title, and as you point out, second year in a row they've blew it towards the end. Perhaps if they would have used the £50m+ they blew on Janssen and Sissoko better...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I don't think most people understand 'bottling' to mean 'blowing a chance to finish a little closer to first than you actually did'. Bottling is when the leaders throw it away, not when the chasers fall short, no?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think most people understand 'bottling' to mean 'blowing a chance to finish a little closer to first than you actually did'. Bottling is when the leaders throw it away, not when the chasers fall short, no?

No

Â