VillaGoMarching

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No

Did you honestly think they were going to win the title before last night? If I'd asked you on Thursday, 'who will win the league', would you have said 'Spurs'?

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:25, Zatman said:

maybe bottling is being tough but 2 years in a row they have challenged and when got a chance to put pressure on they crumbled

Last season but this season I Think they have won their last 8 games or something before that defeat and they were due a bad result along the way. But this Spurs team needs to win a major trophy, they are too good not to and if they don't perform next season in Europe then questions must be asked about them. 

On 06/05/2017 at 12:25, Zatman said:

maybe bottling is being tough but 2 years in a row they have challenged and when got a chance to put pressure on they crumbled

I don't think they bottled it either season.

They've actually been very unfortunate in both seasons to lose the title to teams not playing in Europe, how often does that happen?

Neother Leicester or Chelsea have had European football to worry about in the seasons they've pipped Spurs to the title and that is a really significant factor in my opinion.

If Chelsea had had another 15 games this season plus all the travelling, how would that have impacted their season, form and results not to mention injuries?

Spurs lost their focus last season once the title went and it cost them 2nd place but they didn't bottle it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think they bottled it either season.

They've actually been very unfortunate in both seasons to lose the title to teams not playing in Europe, how often does that happen?

Neother Leicester or Chelsea have had European football to worry about in the seasons they've pipped Spurs to the title and that is a really significant factor in my opinion.

If Chelsea had had another 15 games this season plus all the travelling, how would that have impacted their season, form and results not to mention injuries?

Spurs lost their focus last season once the title went and it cost them 2nd place but they didn't bottle it.

Some might argue that Spurs didn't play in Europe this season either. 

Next season it will be far tougher for spurs, playing at wembley where they have flopped miserably. also the like sof city and united will be a lot better. These last two seasons have been the best chance spurs have had and they have failed 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:50, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think most people understand 'bottling' to mean 'blowing a chance to finish a little closer to first than you actually did'. Bottling is when the leaders throw it away, not when the chasers fall short, no?

Exactly. Chelsea losing it from their position would have been bottling it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

53 points from 57 at WHL this season. That is fantastic.

:blink: Bloomin' eck !

and now to Wembley :trollface:

7 hours ago, BOF said:

:blink: Bloomin' eck !

and now to Wembley :trollface:

They won't anywhere near as well at Wembley. They need to improve their away form drastically

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

there is a good chance they will end up as the team with the most goals scored, fewest conceeded & fewest defeats & still they finished 2nd

and I think that will be for the 2nd season in a row :lol:

a stat last week and in last 2 seasons I think they are 14 points clear of the next best Premier League team

On 15/05/2017 at 19:02, Zatman said:

and I think that will be for the 2nd season in a row :lol:

a stat last week and in last 2 seasons I think they are 14 points clear of the next best Premier League team

Incredibly unlucky - but fair play to Spurs. Battled with the money clubs at the top of the league with no arrogance, whilst developing homegrown talent all the time.

Plus Son :wub:

• Like 2

On 20/05/2017 at 11:18, Xela said:

Harry Kane is some player isn't he? Seems a decent bloke as well. 

He's very very good.

It really annoys me how there's still this meme making fun of people calling him a one season wonder.
Give it up. Nobody has called him that since it was abundantly clear it wasn't true!

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Very unlucky not to win the league this season. 

Hmm know what you are saying but they were what... 7 pts off? It's not exactly close and they never at any stage looked like they would win it.

Theyve been unlucky to miss out two years running to sides not in Europe but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say the above.

• Like 2

Â