VillaGoMarching

You'd think with Chelsea's home games they will at the very worse get 10 points. They are Southampton, Watford, Boro and Sunderland. Boro and Sunderland will be relegated by the time they go to the Bridge.

Basically I think Spurs need to win every game to even have a sniff and even then I don't see that happening with the fixtures they've got left.

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No left it too late. Going to miss out just like last season. Maybe next season will be there time.

Can't see it with them (probably) being at Wembley.

Their home form in the league has been unbelievable. Last dropped a point at WHL in October.

You never know at this point of the season. It would be a big surprise, but when the pressure is on then teams can get strange results. I wouldn't rule Spurs out yet, a lot depends on how Chelsea react to the recent set back. Supposed easier games with teams fighting for their survival suddenly become tricky games, if Chelsea wobble again it could suddenly become very interesting.

14 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I hope they don't win the league...
Genuinely dislike how about 10 years ago we were so similar and now we are so far apart...
I'd rather Chelsea won it again - just to keep the status quo...
This whole business about having different teams winning the league has lost its appeal after seeing Leicester do it the year we got relegated...

Weird.  I'd love to see Spurs do it.  Lovely side to watch as well.

10 hours ago, NeilS said:

You never know at this point of the season. It would be a big surprise, but when the pressure is on then teams can get strange results. I wouldn't rule Spurs out yet, a lot depends on how Chelsea react to the recent set back. Supposed easier games with teams fighting for their survival suddenly become tricky games, if Chelsea wobble again it could suddenly become very interesting.

Of course but let's remember a year ago Spurs were looking just as good. This time last year they went up to Stoke and won 4-0. Everyone thought it was a forgone conclusion they'd win their remaining 4 games. They won none of them and Leicester easily won the league in the end.

Looking at their remaining games I really don't see how Spurs will make up 4 points or even any points.

Chelsea have:

Watford home- They are terrible away. 3-0 win.

Southampton home- Saints can be tricky on their day but didn't threaten Man. City much. 2-1 win.

Boro- 2-0 win.

Sunderland last day- at least 6-0.

West Brom away- West Brom have stopped scoring. 0-1.

Everton away- One game where they could easily slip up. 1-1 or 2-1 loss.

15 or 16 points there.

Spurs have:

Arsenal home- Amusingly probably one of the easiest games left in their run in. It's a derby so you never know but Spurs are just so much better atm. 2-1 win.

Palace away- Tough one this. Palace are very difficult to beat at home now. 2-2.

Man. United home- Well this isn't a shoe in for the simple fact Man. United haven't lost a league game since October. Seems they're still focusing on the league despite Europa so I'll say 1-1.

Leicester away- Leicester will probably be out of CL by then. They're also only one of two teams to get a draw at WHL this season. Their fans would love them to mess up Spurs winning the league so can see them winning 2-1.

West Ham away- Spurs will win this no danger. 1-3 win.

Hull last day- Even if Hull need something to stay up think Spurs will be o.k in this one. 0-2 win.

11 points.

Just shows the scale of the task. Spurs facing teams with more to play for and need to make up 4 points.

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They were in a position to win it last year now its all down to Chelsea whether they bottle it or not. Pressure is off Spurs I think.

Were they though? I'm not sure that is the case, it certainly wasn't at this stage as they were 3 points further off the pace than they are this season. Last season the gap at this point was 7 points.

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs have confirmed they'll be playing all of their home games in Wembley for the 17/18 season.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I'm sure they have enough quality to stay up though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Alii and Kane are excellent. 

Shame they're at Wembley next season as that rules out a title bid!

Optimistic to think Alli will be there next season :)

Â