VillaGoMarching

Lavezzi is totally unsuited for the premier league. He will be absolute shite if spurs have signed him.

Edit - by this I mean whilst lavezzi has shown how good he is, I dont think he has it in him to adapt to the prem at thus stage of his career

Edited by Jimzk5

Seen it suggested that both Lavezzi and Konoplianka has signed, but I'm not convinced that it's true. 
Kevin Wimmer is the third player it's being said about, and you can tell from the stories going around that Wimmer is the one that look most likely. 

Guess with Konoplianka nothing will happen before the Europa League final.

Konoplianka is yes, but I don't think he want to talk about a transfer before perhaps the most important game of his career. 

There's also a bit concern around his situation, whether his current club's owner is willing to let go of him. 

Pen and paper tend to not count as much as gun and crowbar there.

Wimmer is said to have been sold by Köln for £4.25m, and many sources say it's Spurs and that we don't want it known before we're ready to announce the transfer. 
His national team manager confirmed it by mistake a while ago, and I see some articles today claiming Wimmer himself has said he's headed our way as well. 
And Spurs ITK of course are on it. Personally I haven't seen a full game from him, so don't know quite how good he is, but from what I hear he's had a very solid season in the Bundesliga behind him.

Konoplianka is yes, but I don't think he want to talk about a transfer before perhaps the most important game of his career. 

There's also a bit concern around his situation, whether his current club's owner is willing to let go of him. 

Pen and paper tend to not count as much as gun and crowbar there.

I thought Levy prided himself on being a tough negotiator, he would love this challenge ;)

Ukrainians arent known for doing well in England but Yarmolenko has the physique but Konoplyanka is type of player gets you off your feet from what I have seen. I would say Konoplyanka myself though I expected Zhirkov be brilliant in England and that didnt go well

• 2 months later...

What sort of season do we reckon this lot will have?

I really like the potential of their defensive unit.....

Lloris

Trippier Alderwielder  Vertonghen Rose

Pretty good but the rest of their team, they're relying so much again on Kane scoring 20 + which I'm not convinced about and Eriksen chipping in with his free kicks.

Last season was a difficult one to judge. So many unconvincing games they nicked with last minute Kane/Eriksen goals and they had a poor end to the season yet still finished 5th.

Think they'll dip unless they produce some major signings, 7th.

I'm always confusing Konoplianka and Yarmelenko, both played quite well for Ukraine a few years back. Which one would be better suited to the prem?

apparently Spurs have bid 20 million for Yarmalenko now 

Apparently they are going to have a massive clearing.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-tottenham-set-for-90m-summer-clearout-with-nine-players-up-for-sale-10191983.html

"Tottenham will try to offload as many as nine players this summer, who cost the club in total £90million"

"Vlad Chiriches, Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho, Mousa Dembele and Aaron Lennon are all surplus to requirements."

Stambouli, Adebayor, and Soldado also listed as played they are trying to sell.

Dembele, Capoue, Stambouli and Paulinho are all welcome here!

Using levy economics that little lot should bring in about £670m

They've got a good squad and always manage to get rid of their unwanted players.  If they sign Berainho then they will have a good season.  Probably 6th for me.

That's not a good season though.

Spurs are the biggest club in the land m8.

Guess thats what happens when the manager/DOF dont talk about transfers.

Feel a bit for AVB tbh. none of them signings is what he wanted were they? Even more of a fuckup given AVB unique style (In english football that is)

Edited by gharperr

So they never actually signed Lavezzi? Have they really made any notable signings that could possibly push them to top 4? I think they could drop further in the table. They are relying way too heavily on a few players. 

Â