Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Well it is a more complex issue than 'he should sort himself out'. Some people can't.

Yes, he is getting and has got considerably more help than the average alcoholic but that says more about our society's approach to helping alcoholics than it does about him.

How much is enough? I honestly don't know. But putting them aside to fend for themselves isn't the answer.

I know the issue of Gascoigne and his problems will divide people

But I feel he is at fault for many of the problems in his life. He is also the solution too, and if he shows the mental strength required, like other people with life threatening illnesses like cancer etc  then he will overcome this. In addition to this he needs to be more careful who he keeps company with.

Edited by Voinjama

Aside from the ungodly talent with a football Gazza and my old man are like two peas from the same pod. Personality wise, relationship wise and alcoholism wise. 

Yeah, they both piss me off and they should. Ultimately though, addiction is a disease like any other. Sometimes they recover, sometimes they don't. As human beings they deserve help should they request it.

"Mental strength" isn't a talent we all possess unfortunately. 

A friend of my girlfriends has just announced a date for her wedding next year, the problem is she shouldnt be marrying him, shes 25, very attractive but has really low self esteem for some reason so for the last 4 years she's been going out with a man who looks like frank skinner and has the personality of a Mr bean. We've been out with a group of friends and he has sat on his own playing a psp (he is 33 btw) whilst his missus has been getting drunk and having a good time. If ever two people shouldn't be together this is it

Edited by Jimzk5

shes 25, very attractive but has really low self esteem for some reason so for the last 4 years she's been going out with a man who looks like frank skinner and has the personality of a Mr bean. We've been out with a group of friends and he has sat on his own playing a psp

Hahaha, sounds like me and mine. Do they allow PSPs or other handhelds in church?

My freeloading sister who won't pay back people she owes, or for living here, yet will spend loads on ugly trashy tattoos and her 'boyfriend' who only comes round for a hot meal and a wash. This place isn't a youth hostel!

It's no surpise that my parents made me executor of their life insurance, despite being far younger than my brother and sister I'm he only one who can be trusted to do the right things.

I think this heart thing is brought on by stress and tension...

When people moan about "spoilers" on forums, twitter, facebook etc. 

Especially forums! If something is on tv and you haven't got round to watching it yet then how about staying away from tv show forum threads until you've caught up! I saw two people arguing on twitter last night because one person tweeted about a show they had just finished watching and the person who hadn't watched it yet was moaning at them for giving away what happened! Erm... **** off!!! It really winds me up. If you don't want to see "spoilers" then stay away from social media until you've caught up. Simple!

While catching up on the things that piss people off, I encountered this:

I took a speculative flyer on The Pixies' "Doolittle" this week. Jesus, it's shite.

Oh dear, Mike. Oh. Dear.

(Fwiw, Thom Yorke, David Bowie and other people just as cool as me beg to differ.)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

I took a speculative flyer on The Pixies' "Doolittle" this week. Jesus, it's shite.

Oh dear, Mike. Oh. Dear.

(Fwiw, Thom Yorke, David Bowie and other people just as cool as me beg to differ.)

this is just ludicrous, not your cup of tea yes, but shite, what the hell.

My favourite Pixies was always Trompe le Monde. Some great, great tracks on there, and some nicely weird ones too - mostly attributable to Frank's abduction by aliens. Or was it he saw one? Something.

When people moan about "spoilers" on forums, twitter, facebook etc. 

Especially forums! If something is on tv and you haven't got round to watching it yet then how about staying away from tv show forum threads until you've caught up! I saw two people arguing on twitter last night because one person tweeted about a show they had just finished watching and the person who hadn't watched it yet was moaning at them for giving away what happened! Erm... **** off!!! It really winds me up. If you don't want to see "spoilers" then stay away from social media until you've caught up. Simple!

Gaaahhhh, I caught one of these the other day when a word removed complained about a sports newspaper giving away the result in the most recent UFC event before he got around to watch it!!!!!! I actually contemplated finding put who he was so I could tell him in person what a epic **** he is.

I think complaining on a forum about a spoiler is ok.
Especially if it's in an unspecific thread.

Like if I went into the Breaking Bad thread and read a spoiler, it's my own fault.

But if someone posts a spoiler in the Film Thread, then that's a bit shitty.

Oh dear, Mike. Oh. Dear.

this is just ludicrous, not your cup of tea yes, but shite, what the hell.

Well, yeah. Although I don't care what cool popstars think.

But sure, I accept that lots of people love it. But, really, to these ears, it sounds like... shite.

Â