Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Can't agree Eames, Cardamon Pods play a pivotal role in many good curries. I've never even heard of putting raisins in a curry.

It was quite commonplace before curry really took off here in the UK.

I've never even heard of putting raisins in a curry.

Oh it's true and it's awful. Apart from adding a lot of sweetness to the dish, they swell up to bursting point. Then you happen to burst one in yer gob. Ugh. Not pleasant.

I actually give McDonalds credit for some of the music in their ads.

That's the rather expensive ad agencies they pay a lot of money to.

They sometimes come to me for pointers as it goes.

I don't mind the rest of the advert. Just her. **** off.

2gy6out.jpg

It's not even the way she says it (which is annoying in itself). It's that what she's saying it's completely pointless to anyone with a brain. 'See you later, what does that even mean?'. It means exactly what it sounds like it means.

**** oooooooofffffffffff.

Similar to the raisins/cardamom pods in curries, I don't like bamboo shoots in chow mein.  Hate it when I order a Chinese (which isn't very often) but the chow mein has just as many bamboo sprouts as noodles.  A small amount I could handle, but lots are just awful, especially when they're all soggy and bleurgh.

That's the rather expensive ad agencies they pay a lot of money to.

They sometimes come to me for pointers as it goes.

Then I'll credit you for The Revelers' Lucky Day. Where that was pulled from, I don't know.

Dina Class curry powder mix, available from plenty of High Street butchers.

Nice n easy, just add water curry mix for when you just need a fast food curry. It contains raisins that I then have to pick out.

Asda used to make a chicken tikka sandwich filler (going back about 10 years) that was absolute perfection, then one day they decided to put a "new improved flavour" sticker on the pot and threw a handfull of raisins. Havnt brought it since.fruit had no place in curry.

Dina Class curry powder mix, available from plenty of High Street butchers.

Nice n easy, just add water curry mix for when you just need a fast food curry. It contains raisins that I then have to pick out.

Seriously, dude...

I'm amazed people eat that shite. Don't even start me on pot noodles.

Seriously, dude...

I'm amazed people eat that shite. Don't even start me on pot noodles.

CLEN2458.jpg

spare me one guilty pleasure

by Wednesday night when all my energy and hope have gone:

oven chips

white boiled rice

dina class curry

frozen prawns

white bread and butter

I'm not a bad person

It's not even the way she says it (which is annoying in itself). It's that what she's saying it's completely pointless to anyone with a brain. 'See you later, what does that even mean?'. It means exactly what it sounds like it means.

**** oooooooofffffffffff.

She means "does he really mean he'll see me later, or is he just saying it as a figure of speech".

yes, in an ideal world it would be a fresh naan, hand crafted by a captive Goan virgin using my own tandoori in the basement

ideally it would be organic chicken that had lead a good a life and was killed by hypnosis and slow cooked in an Aga

but we are talking about a Wednesday night, first day home since Sunday and I'm knackered

washed it down with a barely chilled pepsi

Then I'll credit you for The Revelers' Lucky Day. Where that was pulled from, I don't know.

Very unlikely to be me. ASV, the label pressing the track on CD in the UK, disappeared a couple of years ago.

IIRC another similar label rose from the ashes called Sounds Of Yesteryear,

Downloadable on MP3 period comps though.

Well out of copyright and their MP3 shouldn't be tested by a 1920s recording - Cheap soundtrack.

yes, in an ideal world it would be a fresh naan, hand crafted by a captive Goan virgin using my own tandoori in the basement

ideally it would be organic chicken that had lead a good a life and was killed by hypnosis and slow cooked in an Aga

but we are talking about a Wednesday night, first day home since Sunday and I'm knackered

washed it down with a barely chilled pepsi

Could you not just pick up a take away? And save those ingredients for when they make sense

Â