Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When people moan about "spoilers" on forums, twitter, facebook etc. 

Especially forums! If something is on tv and you haven't got round to watching it yet then how about staying away from tv show forum threads until you've caught up! I saw two people arguing on twitter last night because one person tweeted about a show they had just finished watching and the person who hadn't watched it yet was moaning at them for giving away what happened! Erm... **** off!!! It really winds me up. If you don't want to see "spoilers" then stay away from social media until you've caught up. Simple!

Hmmmm, I'm not sure. I get a lot of ideas for TV and films to watch from the threads on here.

When people moan about "spoilers" on forums, twitter, facebook etc. 

Especially forums! If something is on tv and you haven't got round to watching it yet then how about staying away from tv show forum threads until you've caught up! I saw two people arguing on twitter last night because one person tweeted about a show they had just finished watching and the person who hadn't watched it yet was moaning at them for giving away what happened! Erm... **** off!!! It really winds me up. If you don't want to see "spoilers" then stay away from social media until you've caught up. Simple!

couldn't agree more, why the **** shouldn't you discuss it if it has already been aired????

films are different there is a kid that I work with and he takes great delight in going and seeing something at the cinema and then blurting out everything that happens in it before anyone gets a chance to see it, he has ruined 2 or 3 films for me that way, now that really **** me off but if it is something on telly then you haven't got any complaint at all.

Its like if there was some boxing on in the early hours that I recorded, the last thing I would do is wake up and go into the boxing thread before watching it and then going mad at everyone in there for discussing the conclusion of the fight

My uni and a **** absurd amount of red tape preventing us from going to Germany despite being granted the money. The game we'd chosen was between Monchengladbach and Leverkusen which was played earlier today.

It ended 3-3.

**** off. 

Not watching TV for a few days and then discovering that my DirecTV dish is almost completely covered in snow and only one LNB works.

The LNB that works is the one for the 119W satellite, which is the one that has my local channels, so at least I'll be able to watch the Super Bowl...

...except that I gave power cycling the box a try and the **** thing can't get a fix on 101W so it's not authenticating (so I have no access to the 100 hours on my DVR) and can't get past the "Receiving Satellite Info" screen.

I may just have to climb up my roof and dig the **** thing out.

Dish is absolutely buried in the snow.... strangely enough it worked fine this morning after the snow had stopped falling (suspect that the blowing caused enough drifting to bury the snow, that or some slid off of higher roofs as the sun melted some of the snow.

A repeat of 2crlrfb.jpg is not likely, however. The forecast calls for a warm front on Monday, so hopefully enough will melt to make it usable again. There's nothing, as far as I can tell, on on Sunday that I would be devastated to miss or not record*, so I'll be happy enough with the assortment of recordings on my DVR.

*: that includes the Villa; some of you may be aware that I recently canceled my Sports Pack because I was tired of getting depressed from watching the Villa, and especially tired of paying $13/month for the privilege (yes, I know that a great many VTers pay far more for that privilege...). The Pack has been canceled, but apparently Fox Soccer was moved from Sports Pack to my basic package and I didn't realize it**.

**: probably has something to do with Fox Soccer Channel shutting down this August to become FXX, the younger, more comedy-focused sibling to FX, as part of the rebrand of Speed Channel to Fox Sports 1 and Fuel to Fox Sports 2 (presumably the UEFA rights that FSC holds will go to FS1 and FS2)

I have a girl on my Facebook who posts Everthing with hashtags,

Just going to the pub with my sister #family #bestfriend #loverher #drunkentimes #cantwait

That was one from last night

Some people link their twitter and Facebook accounts. When I had a Facebook account a friend of mine did the same, it's strange behaviour if you ask me.

At least he used to talk about vaguely interesting things.

I'm impressed that Levi is familiar with the Rod Hull story. 

But back on topic... Julie Burchill. Seek out this week's "Desert Island Discs" on BBC R4 Listen Again. And enjoy your own disgust. 

How the **** can an obnoxious 50 year old woman with the mentality of an ADHD 14 year old get to be taken even remotely seriously? 

Makes Vicki Pollard sound like Joan Bakewell. 

Dish is absolutely buried in the snow.... strangely enough it worked fine this morning after the snow had stopped falling (suspect that the blowing caused enough drifting to bury the snow, that or some slid off of higher roofs as the sun melted some of the snow.

This is why I love having a motorised dish. When we had snow the other week my dish was covered in it, a bit of a move back and forth and it all came falling off.

Yep!

I used to have nearly 1000 "friends" on facebook.
Most of them I'd met once or twice and never spoke to so it was stupid and meant my feed got clogged up with loads of shit I didn't want to know about.

Had a huge cull to about 200 friends, family,VTers and random hot girls and it's wayyy better!

(although that number is slowly creeping up again)

My friend list is down to 186 after my latest cull. Anyone who I have not heard from for 3 years, has annoying status updates, tells everything about their life, has even slightly pissed me off in the past or I have met less then 5 times in real life is gone.

I felt so good afterwards.

:)

Â