Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

...Julie Burchill... "Desert Island Discs"...

What did you expect?

Why do it to yourself?

:)

You're right, of course. Although TBF, D.I.D. can be quite good if they have a decent subject. But it's the missus who listens to it (along with everything on R4) - it's part of her Sunday morning stay-in-bed routine following on from (gulp) The Archers Omnibus. I avoided that and went downstairs to watch an episode of Boardwalk Empire. Then took her a cup of tea and ended up listening (car-crash style) to the crazy bitch (Burchill, that is, not Mrs. M).

D.I.D. is often interesting.

Favourite one which I actually heard was Vic Reeves:

1. jimi hendrix — voodoo chile
2. vaughan williams — the lark ascending
3. ella fitzgerald — the very thought of you
4. henry cow — nirvana for mice
5. free — mr big (andy fraser's bass solo)
6. aphex twin — bucephalus bouncing ball
7. jeff beck — where were you?
8. glen tilbrook — parallel world

D.I.D. is often interesting.

Favourite one which I actually heard was Vic Reeves:

1. jimi hendrix — voodoo chile

2. vaughan williams — the lark ascending

3. ella fitzgerald — the very thought of you

4. henry cow — nirvana for mice

5. free — mr big (andy fraser's bass solo)

6. aphex twin — bucephalus bouncing ball

7. jeff beck — where were you?

8. glen tilbrook — parallel world

Yeah, that's good.

All the lists are available on the D.I.D. database.

Getting a text from O2 about priority tickets for Beyonce.

all priority ticket deals

what sort of soul free zone of a pop business fucktard zombie decides it's cool to tell music fans you have a better chance of getting a ticket because you bank with RBS / drive Mercedes / text using O2 / wipe arse with andrex

I haven't got kids so can only imagine how life changing it is, how much you love them and how heartbreaking it must be to go back to work after taking care of them for their first few months.

But the woman opposite me at work has been back over week now and hasn't shut the **** up about the little sprog for more than 2 minutes. It's really beginning to grate.

I haven't got kids so can only imagine how life changing it is, how much you love them and how heartbreaking it must be to go back to work after taking care of them for their first few months.

But the woman opposite me at work has been back over week now and hasn't shut the **** up about the little sprog for more than 2 minutes. It's really beginning to grate.

Apparently I'm very bad at hiding the fact that I'm not interested in what someone is talking about (probably subconsciously intentionally). She sounds like a prime example. She'd get the hint quickly.

I find it hard to deal with people with 'new baby syndrome', too. Congratulations, your reproductive organs work, you've only gone and done what millions of years of humans have done before you. I'm sure it is terribly exciting, but I'd really rather not hear about it, as lets be honest, despite what that excess serotonin swirling around makes you feel, there really isn't anything special about it.

Talk to me when the baby is born with superpowers.

When people moan about "spoilers" on forums, twitter, facebook etc. 

Especially forums! If something is on tv and you haven't got round to watching it yet then how about staying away from tv show forum threads until you've caught up! I saw two people arguing on twitter last night because one person tweeted about a show they had just finished watching and the person who hadn't watched it yet was moaning at them for giving away what happened! Erm... **** off!!! It really winds me up. If you don't want to see "spoilers" then stay away from social media until you've caught up. Simple!

saw somebody moaning last tuesday on facebook about a spoiler from a UFC or a boxing fight the weekend before. FFS watch it or get off the Internet

Relative of mine (middle aged woman ) who lives near Bradford is complaining on facebook because she can't get a ticket to the cup final as the club are insisting that only people who have been to a game this year can have one. She also said "lots of people complaining already" What's that, more people who want to jump on the band wagon who want to deprive real fans of the opportunity to see their team at a Wembley cup final. It's taken all my strength not to tell her to STFU

• Like 1

Relative of mine (middle aged woman ) who lives near Bradford is complaining on facebook because she can't get a ticket to the cup final as the club are insisting that only people who have been to a game this year can have one. She also said "lots of people complaining already" What's that, more people who want to jump on the band wagon who want to deprive real fans of the opportunity to see their team at a Wembley cup final. It's taken all my strength not to tell her to STFU

Quite. I work there and the place is suddenly full of bandwagon jumpers. 

there average attendance is 9000 per game, highest of the season was v arsenal 23, 971. so given the 15 thousand fair weather fans that will get there ticket to wembley, of an allocation of 30,000 there should be more than enough tickets for the bandwagon jumpers.

Raised a similar point before now myself. Unfortunately I said it in the Baby Thread.

But wholeheartedly agree with you.

Another pearl from the oyster that is Facebook.

Living in Wales, I get this kind of thing all the time, and it only ever gets more annoying:

282730_10151484897725539_1547324918_n.jp

Like anything in life, Football clearly has it's faults. But they are atleast equalled by those of the Rugby world, if not overshadowed. Most people who don't like Rugby just ignore it, like any other sport. But for some reason, there are a large number of Rugby fans who feel the need to constantly tell us how much better than association football their sport is, looking for any opportunity to take the moral high ground. 

Edited by Shillzz

Â