Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As a general rule in life, the people that argue for ‘that sort of equality’, don’t really want equality at all, they’re just scared someone else could be benefitting and therefore they must be suffering some perceived loss. 

They’re generally horrible self centred nihilistic arseholes.

Nobody on here, obviously. That would be post on poster.

More a general comment about the self centred arseholes out there. Weighing up their place in the supermarket car park pecking order and not liking what they see. They don’t really want equality, the slightest expansion of the conversation and they always want their list of priorities, not the list of priorities that doesn’t suit them. They want their version of equality, that puts their priorities higher up the list.

To be fair you can argue that about my views but I could argue that about your views "They want their version of equality, that puts their priorities higher up the list." like having a special parking spot for Parent/Child you mean?

You can condescend me all you like and then say nobody on here so you dont get into trouble with the mods but all you are doing is trying to infer that your opinion is right, while you think your priorities are more important and you general rules in life are accurate even though you dont know me and you are trying insult me.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Funnily enough, the very first post I see on Twitter is:

Whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiments, I just have to say... garages... what? Does anyone actually use their garage for its intended purpose any more

The only person I know who has one and does is my next door neighbour but the car he keeps in the garage is an old Austin antique, that he reverses out, polishes and puts back, never seen it on the road ever.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair you can argue that about my views but I could argue that about your views "They want their version of equality, that puts their priorities higher up the list." like having a special parking spot for Parent/Child you mean?

You can condescend me all you like and then say nobody on here so you dont get into trouble with the mods but all you are doing is trying to infer that your opinion is right, while you think your priorities are more important and you general rules in life are accurate even though you dont know me and you are trying insult me.

No, really, no.

I’m not talking about you, i posted up the fishing picture, I’ve got no anger around you so I’m really not being condescending towards you.

It was the idea you’re pretending to defend, that’s the talking point.

As for my priorities, I don’t have little kids, I’m not disabled and I’m not a pensioner, so none of those parking bays are for me. I tend to try and park towards the back of the car park where people aren’t spending 4 minutes parking tightly next to each other to avoid a 30 second walk.

I’m a middle aged, relatively able bodied, white, english speaking male. Any and all of the positive discrimination categories will disadvantage me, if I choose to frame it in that mindset.

However, I can’t help thinking the more ways we find more ways to encourage more people to contribute to society, we will all be better off, as a whole.

Society eh, perhaps there is such a thing?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Does anyone actually use their garage for its intended purpose any more

The only person I know who has one and does is my next door neighbour

Me Sir. I do. For several reasons. The street directly outside the house has a big tree, which is home to a bunch of birds, so parking under it means, bird poo and sap. Secondly, the insurance is cheaper if I keep the car in the garage. Thirdly I don't use it much at all and it keeps the rain and dirt off it. Fourth, it's the first time I've had a garage and it's been handy for my various car restorations and repairs and stuff.

And I like the fancy electric door I put on the garage, so it's like Thunderbirds every time I go in or out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Me Sir. I do. For several reasons. The street directly outside the house has a big tree, which is home to a bunch of birds, so parking under it means, bird poo and sap. Secondly, the insurance is cheaper if I keep the car in the garage. Thirdly I don't use it much at all and it keeps the rain and dirt off it. Fourth, it's the first time I've had a garage and it's been handy for my various car restorations and repairs and stuff.

And I like the fancy electric door I put on the garage, so it's like Thunderbirds every time I go in or out.

Ah yes I remember now that you do, I'll put it down to the gravy.

I have nothing against people who use garages for their intended purpose btw, it was just a comment that most people don't, I'm sitting in the former garage of this house, it was converted some years ago and is my Man Cave

• Like 1

My garage is filled with various kids bicycles and scooters. 

If they behave themselves I might even give them back some day. 

Edited by Rds1983
Idiotic typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

spacer.png

it’s gone now, I swapped it for a bottle of red

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, really, no.

I’m not talking about you, i posted up the fishing picture, I’ve got no anger around you so I’m really not being condescending towards you.

It was the idea you’re pretending to defend, that’s the talking point.

As for my priorities, I don’t have little kids, I’m not disabled and I’m not a pensioner, so none of those parking bays are for me. I tend to try and park towards the back of the car park where people aren’t spending 4 minutes parking tightly next to each other to avoid a 30 second walk.

I’m a middle aged, relatively able bodied, white, english speaking male. Any and all of the positive discrimination categories will disadvantage me, if I choose to frame it in that mindset.

However, I can’t help thinking the more ways we find more ways to encourage more people to contribute to society, we will all be better off, as a whole.

Society eh, perhaps there is such a thing?

I'm not pretending to defend I am defending my position

I'm the same, I'm 44 years old, able bodied, white, english speaking male...lived in England and Australia.  Same for me re the "Any and all of the positive discrimination categories will disadvantage me, if I choose to frame it in that mindset."  I too "However, I can’t help thinking the more ways we find more ways to encourage more people to contribute to society, we will all be better off, as a whole."  I completely agree hence why i raise money for charities throughout my life because I am able to do because I was lucky in many aspects to be healthy, able bodied and through my professional life drag money out of people towards charity and events i did for charity. 

I assume I've had positive discrimination in my favour and I know I've had negative an example being I went for a job, after many rounds of interviews it was down to two of us, myself and a lady and they chose the lady.  No issue with that but I accidently got told that they chose her over me to get their stats up at senior management of females and that was the deciding factor.  I wish I hadnt found out, it just sucked but that's life. 

In my professional career I installed flexible (within reason) hours to accommodate employees who had families working for me so they can do what they needed to do like appointments, school events or illness of their kids.  I am very much a wanting results not a time keeper boss. 

So I really do think between a lot of what I do and say, somebody mentioned higher taxes as well, I contribute to society as best as I could, just this little thing of parking bugged me and I know it shouldnt hence why I put it in this topic...I know it was controversial because my bro doesnt agree with me but it's got a bit heated over the last few pages here, even now I've got home i could see the comments.  It's rather amused me!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

This conversation is much more enjoyable to read when you're no longer an active part of it. 

How long does that last until it becomes really tedious? 

You havent seen my Tammy Abraham thread yet have you?  😂

Nah, I'm done now, I came home and stupidly answered something but I'm off to do something different now...

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You havent seen my Tammy Abraham thread yet have you?  😂

Nah, I'm done now, I came home and stupidly answered something but I'm off to do something different now...

Are you co-hosting a Barbeque by any chance?

After.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I'm not pretending to defend I am defending my position

I'm the same, I'm 44 years old, able bodied, white, english speaking male...lived in England and Australia.  Same for me re the "Any and all of the positive discrimination categories will disadvantage me, if I choose to frame it in that mindset."  I too "However, I can’t help thinking the more ways we find more ways to encourage more people to contribute to society, we will all be better off, as a whole."  I completely agree hence why i raise money for charities throughout my life because I am able to do because I was lucky in many aspects to be healthy, able bodied and through my professional life drag money out of people towards charity and events i did for charity. 

I assume I've had positive discrimination in my favour and I know I've had negative an example being I went for a job, after many rounds of interviews it was down to two of us, myself and a lady and they chose the lady.  No issue with that but I accidently got told that they chose her over me to get their stats up at senior management of females and that was the deciding factor.  I wish I hadnt found out, it just sucked but that's life. 

In my professional career I installed flexible (within reason) hours to accommodate employees who had families working for me so they can do what they needed to do like appointments, school events or illness of their kids.  I am very much a wanting results not a time keeper boss. 

So I really do think between a lot of what I do and say, somebody mentioned higher taxes as well, I contribute to society as best as I could, just this little thing of parking bugged me and I know it shouldnt hence why I put it in this topic...I know it was controversial because my bro doesnt agree with me but it's got a bit heated over the last few pages here, even now I've got home i could see the comments.  It's rather amused me!

Typical virtue signalling woke Marxist tory, but hates women and children, basically.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Funnily enough, the very first post I see on Twitter is:

The truth is, the big SUVs aren't ideal family cars. There isn't much more room in there than an estate or MPV. In fact, most have smaller boots. The SUV craze is more about size, status and safety to a degree. I'll be safer in a crash in a BMW X5 over a Fiat 500. 

I'd fall into your definition of a motorist - cars interest me. If I had the money and space, i'd own a fleet of 20! I wouldn't park any in a parent/toddler space though ;)

• Like 1

Â