Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Unnecessarily complicated roundabouts.  The ones with lanes that seem to go all over the place and have 3 sets of traffic lights in, it's bad enough even if it's somewhere you live and kind of get used to it but in a place I've never driven before I've got no chance.  

I reckon Hampshire has two of the worst, Fareham top end of the Gosport Rd, about 300 lights, 67 box junctions (It's like a flattened down Spaghetti Junction) and one on the way into Basingstoke (replaced the Black Damn Roundabout which was a close your eyes, hope for the best and go fast kind of thing), I've seen two cars t-boned, I got swiped by some turd who bombed it through a red light after coming off the M3.

On the blue badge thing, I've got a blue badge and it pisses me right off when physically able people park in them, selfish w4nkers. 

Supporters of other teams, continually on our forum, putting our players down.

Just **** off back to your shitty Northern website.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Protect the children, their taxes will pay your pension

I admire your optimism that we will still have a state pension! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Well I have to say it seems parent and child parking is text book what pisses you off that shouldn’t. 

That is true, but the thread isn't called "Thing's that piss you off that shouldn't and no one is allowed to call you out for it if you're just bang out of order" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That is true, but the thread isn't called "Thing's that piss you off that shouldn't and no one is allowed to call you out for it if you're just bang out of order" 

I was thinking more “Thing's that piss you off that shouldn't and everybody is allowed to call you out for it and they still don’t provide good reasoning why and get angry when you still don’t agree with them" 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I was thinking more “Thing's that piss you off that shouldn't and everybody is allowed to call you out for it and they still don’t provide good reasoning why and get angry when you still don’t agree with them" 😉

Fair enough. 

Screenshot_2021-07-10-20-42-47-11_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4~2.jpg

• Like 1

When you turn the volume up on your phone or fruit related device and it comes up with a warning that high volume is bad for your ears. No I am turning it up because whatever I am listening to is being drowned out by various cockwombles around me on the train.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I never understand why people think we *won't* have a state pension.

Because we have a rapidly ageing  retired population with a forthcoming decline of working population which is supposed to fund said pension?

Birth rates are falling off a cliff and we are doing our best to not to encourage young migrants to come to our country for work.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because we have a rapidly ageing  retired population with a forthcoming decline of working population which is supposed to fund said pension?

Birth rates are falling off a cliff and we are doing our best to not to encourage young migrants to come to our country for work.

Population still increasing overall mainly due to a healthy net migration into the UK I think.

People are living longer though. I don't think they'll get rid of the state pension but I can see them pushing the age up even further and possibly means testing it. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Population still increasing overall mainly due to a healthy net migration into the UK I think.

People are living longer though. I don't think they'll get rid of the state pension but I can see them pushing the age up even further and possibly means testing it. 

You need to type "uk population shrinking" into Google @Xela

In fact shrinking birth rates will affect most of the world soon 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53409521

Fertility rate: 'Jaw-dropping' global crash in children being born

The world is ill-prepared for the global crash in children being born which is set to have a "jaw-dropping" impact on societies, say researchers.

Falling fertility rates mean nearly every country could have shrinking populations by the end of the century.

And 23 nations - including Spain and Japan - are expected to see their populations halve by 2100.

Countries will also age dramatically, with as many people turning 80 as there are being born.

What is going on?

The fertility rate - the average number of children a woman gives birth to - is falling.

If the number falls below approximately 2.1, then the size of the population starts to fall.

In 1950, women were having an average of 4.7 children in their lifetime.

Researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation showed the global fertility rate nearly halved to 2.4 in 2017 - and their study, published in the Lancet, projects it will fall below 1.7 by 2100.

*The whole thing* about UK politics is that pensioners are the most powerful force in it. That's why pensions are generous now! Because they're the single most important bloc, that politicians dare not anger. All the main parties are committed to the triple lock. And if you're worried about an ageing population, guess what - that means pensioners are going to become an even more critical voting bloc in the future.

When people predict the end of the state pension, what they're really predicting is the complete fiscal collapse of the British state, which . . . I mean it's not *completely* out of the question, but if that happens, we're not just going to have pensions to worry about.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You need to type "uk population shrinking" into Google @Xela

Latest official figures I could find.

It will be interesting to see what impact Brexit/Covid has had on the population when the next official figures come out. 

The UK’s population continues to grow, but at a slower rate than previously
The UK population has grown year-on-year since 1982 as seen in Figure 1. The 2019 mid-year population estimates release showed that the population of the UK reached 66.8 million, up from 66.4 million in mid-2018. This population growth marks an increase of 0.5%, or an additional 361,000 people, between mid-2018 and mid-2019. Growth in the year mid-2018 to mid-2019 was slower than in any year since mid-2004.

The UK population is projected to increase further; our 2018-based principal national population projections suggest the UK population will surpass 69.6 million by mid-2029 and reach 72 million by mid-2041 – increases of 4.2% and 7.8%, respectively, from mid-2019

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/articles/overviewoftheukpopulation/january2021

People who shout abuse out of cars at cyclists or runners for lols.

Doesn't happen very often, and I always ignore it. But when they catch you at a low moment... maybe you've struggled and you're feeling spent... it really does hurt.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Doesn't happen very often, and I always ignore it. But when they catch you at a low moment... maybe you've struggled and you're feeling spent... it really does hurt.

The wife and I were cycling up a hill a few years ago and had slowed somewhat. A car whizzed past us and yelled something out the window.. 

"Keep going Figgins" 

No idea who or what Figgins is but it cheered us both up and gave us a boost up the hill. We've been using the saying ever since. 

If Figgins is actually something bad please keep it to yourself and don't ruin it for us. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Happens to me about once a month. It really pisses me off.

My abuse at cyclists is contained in the car. I also had to find a different word to use than words removed as my grandson was in the car. So now the actual phrase used when passing 2 abreast cyclists is the VT swear filter alternative of Word Removed. 

Â