Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That explains where it comes from. Still a but lost on why people think it's funny but each to their own. 

Its not funny in itself it is more an allusion. Pointing out that a person is doing or saying something that another person is known for. E.g I post a picture of me wearing a top hat, cue response of you are slash and I claim my 5 pounds, or I talk about privatising home broadband , you are jeremy corbyn and I claim my 5 pounds. Its an idiom nothing more, it may have humour attached but only vaguely, unless very cleverly done. You are the 3rd king of france and I claim my 5 pounds. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That explains where it comes from. Still a but lost on why people think it's funny but each to their own. 

Yeah as @Seat68 says. It’s just a kinda amusing archaic reference coupled with the notion that the game is always being played and can be applied to any well known individual based on a turn of phrase or a particular word. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Its not funny in itself it is more an allusion. Pointing out that a person is doing or saying something that another person is known for. E.g I post a picture of me wearing a top hat, cue response of you are slash and I claim my 5 pounds, or I talk about privatising home broadband , you are jeremy corbyn and I claim my 5 pounds. Its an idiom nothing more, it may have humour attached but only vaguely, unless very cleverly done. You are the 3rd king of france and I claim my 5 pounds. 

Ermm....Slash has lots of hair.   Wishful thinking?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

OK, thanks, I'll check that out. 

EDIT: Just listening to The Golden Age. Yeah, I like this. Neil Young meets Gene Clark. Promising start. 

EDIT 2: Not all the way through yet, but I've heard enough to decide it's... OK. 

Give his Morning Phase album a try too, came out in 2017 and in a similar vein to Sea Change. He’s a bit of a musical chameleon so there’s a large portion of his work that you’ll definitely hate, but at times he does inhabit territory that you’d enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just got warned by Facebook for 'hate speech' on one of my comments.

I used the word 'fags' (meaning cigarettes). 

You didn’t say can I bum a fag off you did you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Just got warned by Facebook for 'hate speech' on one of my comments.

I used the word 'fags' (meaning cigarettes). 

I got banned from a subreddit for quoting from the video typing in a yam yam accent because the video was some idiots complaining about being arrested in town. The quote was “He ay dun nuffin!”

The mods seem to think it read like African American Vernacular despite being a video of white English men, and a direct quote.

I’ve never been cancelled before.

• Haha 2

Wing mirror got smashed the other week, could have been a gale force bin with pin point aim or some knobhead has no spatial awareness, had to replace the whole unit due to the damage. I was too lazy to go to a breakers yard so I got a cheap one of amazon. Watched a few videos on youtube and it looked straight forward, came to do the job the other day and it appears my mk7 fiesta is different to the mk7 fiesta in all the videos. Found a video for the ST180 that has the same door card and mirror installation as mine and gave it another go today, after 45 minutes trying to get the door card off everything else went ok until the end. It doesn't quite fit snug to the door 🤦‍♂️

Â