Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On toilets:

Why is it now "derigueur" to make the toilet signs in restaurants/bars an IQ test? 

Why can't you have an obvious "MENS" or "WOMENS" instead of pulling some esoteric reference from 18th Century French literature which represents the feminine and masculine within us all on your bog door? 

The amount of time I've wasted trying to decipher which door to open to have a piss before going home whilst avoiding an expensive lawsuit and professional ruin is very irritating. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

because we are lads, and we need to show other lads that we are in fact absolute lads. Bonus points for really squeezing out a raucous fart.

Mate of mine is an anthropologist. He wants to write a book about fluids and what they mean in different cultures. It's sounds very whacky but hearing him talk, it's actually pretty fascinating. Urine, spit, menstrual blood - all take on different meanings in different parts of the world.

On 31/10/2018 at 19:55, Xela said:

One of the few things our place is efficient at! Unlike our IT 'help' desk. 

I manage an IT help desk.

Every helpdesk thinks their user base are a bunch of morons and every user base thinks their helpdesk is shit.

The truth is normally somewhere in the middle.

I know my team do a good job but our users moan like hell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

My hunch is that a lot of help desk requests could be serviced by a good chat bot.

Yes and no.

We're currently onboarding a virtual agent and the amount of shite that's come up. We're about a year behind because of both our customer's red lines and the technology.

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I manage an IT help desk.

Every helpdesk thinks their user base are a bunch of morons and every user base thinks their helpdesk is shit.

The truth is normally somewhere in the middle.

I know my team do a good job but our users moan like hell.

The problem with our place is the huge range of systems we use across the world. Not sure how many employees we have worldwide now but it was 250,000 a few years back. The IT for the company is based in India and they probably have 1000's of bespoke applications to manage. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a simple fix (my internal landline isn't connecting to my new soft phone on my tablet)

It's frustrating. 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

The problem with our place is the huge range of systems we use across the world. Not sure how many employees we have worldwide now but it was 250,000 a few years back. The IT for the company is based in India and they probably have 1000's of bespoke applications to manage. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a simple fix (my internal landline isn't connecting to my new soft phone on my tablet)

It's frustrating. 

Yeah I can imagine. We have tickets get stuck too but it's usually for complex things, not something like yours.

On my desk, we'd be tracking your ticket daily and give it a nudge.

Maybe move your IT to Poland ;)

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Going to see The Decemberists on Saturday, and got an old mate from student days coming up from London for the gig and a few beers. Haven't seen him for over forty years. Cheer you up thread, no? Yeah, except he's just told me he's been diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus. The same as killed my mate Steve two years ago. F*ck this. 

That's shit, Mike. Same cancer that killed my Grandad too :(

Cancer is a word removed.

• Like 2

M&S petrol stations which double up as a mini supermarket.  This means if you want to pay for petrol you end up in a queue behind loads of people doing their weekly shop.

Offer pay at pump for people that just want fuel you twunts!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

M&S petrol stations which double up as a mini supermarket.  This means if you want to pay for petrol you end up in a queue behind loads of people doing their weekly shop.

I've always said these kind of places should have at least one checkout for "Just Fuel" purchases

Having to spend my day off dealing with various tradesmen to complete "mandatory fire protection works".  On the plus side, they've now covered up the big hole in the ceiling and put on the first coat of plaster.  I'm expecting them back shortly to apply the 2nd coat and finally all being well they'll be back this evening to apply a coat of paint.  I've had to tell them to complete it all today - I can't keep on having days off for these cowboys (they failed to show up twice previously).  

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've always said these kind of places should have at least one checkout for "Just Fuel" purchases

The Sainsburys Local near me has three regular checkouts and one which is 'fuel only and/or four items maximum'. 

29 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

On a similar vein, I'm usually the poor sod next in line to use such a petrol pump.....I'm waiting for the owner of the car in front to return to their vehicle....and I'm waiting....and waiting....and waiting until they finally amble out with 5 full bags of groceries and to cap it all off they give me a gormless, "huh !?!" look as the queue behind my own car stretches in to the road.

Go to a proper fckin supermarket next time you massive word removed !!

Absolute wank stains the lot of them. My mild social anxiety and desire to not cause any waves means I go to the petrol station, I have cash dollars ready (no dicking about with the cashpoint either), I go in the store and won't even dare to purchase any single item. Straight to the cashier, money handed over. Straight out. Straight in car. GTFO.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, trekka said:

Having to spend my day off dealing with various tradesmen to complete "mandatory fire protection works".  On the plus side, they've now covered up the big hole in the ceiling and put on the first coat of plaster.  I'm expecting them back shortly to apply the 2nd coat and finally all being well they'll be back this evening to apply a coat of paint.  I've had to tell them to complete it all today - I can't keep on having days off for these cowboys (they failed to show up twice previously).  

I was probably expecting too much but the plaster needed a 3rd skim.  fuuuuuuuuuuuu...

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

M&S petrol stations are BP. You can pay at the pump with an App

Tip: If the Wild Bean Cafe has someone manning it, pay there and jump the queue

Â