Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone knows Mooney is like... 739 or summat.

Innit Mooney? 

The only reason he's alive is because he absorbs nutrients from Bradford flies through his anus. 

Correct on all counts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I thought you just divide it by 7 making him 63.

yeah I always thought that but the web had other ideas

The reason that dogs can reach full sexual maturity after only a year is that our canine friends age faster during the first two years of their lives than humans do

more on link

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

And it should be made with Pork

Yes. The first recipe I found years ago for vindaloo was pork, in a Madhur Jaffrey book. But I must admit I prefer chicken.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Does 'aloo' not have something to do with potato?

Nope, common misconception with Vindaloo, it's a Goan mispronunciation of the Portuguese Vinha d'Alho (or something like that) which means with wine and garlic iirc

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Secondly, the annoying people at my new job. A load of us started on the 2nd of Jan in a brand new team, and because our desks aren’t ready yet, we’re stuck in a training room together. The guy next to me is nice enough, but he annoys the **** out of me. He’s constantly tapping, humming, commentating on his work as he does it, and then for some reason he occasionally breaks into a verse of Eminem... “nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out etc etc”, then he stops.... and back to tapping and humming.

Today, I was minding my own business, typing up a process flowchart I’d been asked to do, and then ‘the girl with the bad breath’ comes and sits next to me and starts telling me how I should do it. Then tappy hummer starts chipping in too. Get me out of this training room. 

This made me LOL more than it probably should! :D

I feel your pain though. There is a guy at my work who is constantly clearing his throat. Some days it really irritates me so much so I want to hurt him. 

p.s What does her breath smell like?! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darrenm said:

A bit of a kick is nice but something that makes you work isn't enjoyable. Medium milds like Tikka massala, pathia etc are about right. Korma and Makhani are a bit too mild as there's nothing but creaminess. A jalfrezi can be perfect if they hold the chillis a bit. Madras and above is a bit too much for me.

Pathia is my favourite. Great taste and just the right amount of heat. 

• Like 1

Auditors - I know you have a (shit) job to do but just leave me alone. Not everything has to follow a 'process' you humourless drones. 

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Auditors - I know you have a (shit) job to do but just leave me alone. Not everything has to follow a 'process' you humourless drones. 

I'm sure they have to have their personality amputated when they go into the profession Sort of like Traffic Wardens with a logical brain

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm sure they have to have their personality amputated when they go into the profession Sort of like Traffic Wardens with a logical brain

You can add 'Health and Safety' and anything to do with 'compliance' to that list too

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You can add 'Health and Safety' and anything to do with 'compliance' to that list too

This place is just up the road from me. I've never had the faintest idea what they do. 

Screenshot_20180124-185818.png

Boss phoned me earlier to tell me not to spend all my wages. Apparently there was a payroll error and I've received someone else's wage in addition to my own.

I have to give it back, I'm a bit miffed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This place is just up the road from me. I've never had the faintest idea what they do. 

There's a couple of people at my work that I could imagine getting very aroused at the sight of one of their newsletters! 

Imagine a life where you don't just work in compliance, but you write articles about compliance for people that do?! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Whatever they do, they are well paid for it judging by the car! 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whatever they do, they are well paid for it judging by the car! 

Naah that car belongs to the owner of 'Happy Endings' massage parlour  next door! 

The bloke from compliance drives a beige Dacia 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

This made me LOL more than it probably should! :D

I feel your pain though. There is a guy at my work who is constantly clearing his throat. Some days it really irritates me so much so I want to hurt him. 

p.s What does her breath smell like?! 

Just stale throat, if that’s a smell. I’ve heard a few people in the room say that she doesn’t eat or drink anything all day, so I don’t know if that’s the reason she releases her deadly glasses.

Separate to the two I’ve mentioned, we also have a guy who is constantly clearing his throat. Not in two coughs, but in little trills of 5 or 6 coughs :o I commented a few days ago that I thought he was trying to start a motorbike at the back of the room.

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I like quite a range of them, but will more often than not plump for a tika massala, just because I love a really rich one (some aren't as rich, and they aren't very nice).

I've tried 3 vindaloo's and I absolutely LOVE the taste, but the heat eventually gets to me and it's not worth it.  I can finish them, and I really enjoy them, but it's not worth the day after I find. 

Tika Massala & a Peshwari Naan and I'm happy. 

Have you tried Butter Chicken? That’s a nice rich one.

Also, vindaloos doesn’t need an apostrophe. :lol:

Â