Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Jobsworths

I had an argument with someone who is doing the job I used to do, but doing it exactly by the process. I did his job for 12 months; he has done it for 3 weeks. He is telling me how to do it. I'm telling him, no I know the job, the customer and this way is better.

Then being rude and aggressive to me. Urgh.

An oft-seen Facebook ditty - "I love you too the moon and back". Yes, they did type "too".

Just **** off. Who do you think you are, Buzz **** Aldrin?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

An oft-seen Facebook ditty - "I love you too the moon and back". Yes, they did type "too".

Just be happy that they haven't realised that the moon and back is a very short distance in the grand scheme of things

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jobsworths

I had an argument with someone who is doing the job I used to do, but doing it exactly by the process. I did his job for 12 months; he has done it for 3 weeks. He is telling me how to do it. I'm telling him, no I know the job, the customer and this way is better.

Then being rude and aggressive to me. Urgh.

that might be part of the problem  tbh

I'm sure you are correct , but sometimes people don't like being told my way is better  and can  get a bit prickly 

not a dig  , just curious , but if your way is better , why didn't you change the process in the 12 months you did it ? 

Wasn't changing the process, it was speeding it up in a particular situation. I haven't explained it very well.

Incident reported -> template filled in -> incident investigated is the normal process and one I agree with.

In this case, the CTO was reporting a non-standard incident so it needed a different response and the guy was wasting time going through every step when every step wasn't necessary. IMO if the CTO says jump, we say how high and he didnt understand that.

It was more around business context than process. I've been part of this business unit for 18 months and know the senior IT guys. Him 3 weeks.

Edited by StefanAVFC

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I mentioned this to the wife last year. 5 years ago it might have been a ‘nice’ thing for someone to say. But now it just comes across as one of those recycled, chavvy phrases that you’d see plastered on social media.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'm nine. 

In dog years. 

I was bored so worked that out to be 59 

seems there is a strange formulas for working out dog ages into human equivalent  ( year one is 15 , year 2 is 9  then 5 years subsequently  ) ..which I never knew  

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Wasn't changing the process, it was speeding it up in a particular situation. I haven't explained it very well.

Incident reported -> template filled in -> incident investigated is the normal process and one I agree with.

In this case, the CTO was reporting a non-standard incident so it needed a different response and the guy was wasting time going through every step when every step wasn't necessary. IMO if the CTO says jump, we say how high and he didnt understand that.

So maybe in your 12 months there, you could have put together a ‘non-standard incident process’, with different examples, no?

:P

If we did a different process for each type of non-standard incident we'd have hundreds. :D

Situations like this though show how you need some common sense to work in IT Service Management. This case clearly needed a different approach; a different approach this guy didn't know how to apply. I was chasing him because him sitting on his arse for 2 hours would get back to me in the end.

Edited by StefanAVFC

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was bored so worked that out to be 59 

seems there is a strange formulas for working out dog ages into human equivalent  ( year one is 15 , year 2 is 9  then 5 years subsequently  ) ..which I never knew  

I thought you just divide it by 7 making him 63.

I like quite a range of them, but will more often than not plump for a tika massala, just because I love a really rich one (some aren't as rich, and they aren't very nice).

I've tried 3 vindaloo's and I absolutely LOVE the taste, but the heat eventually gets to me and it's not worth it.  I can finish them, and I really enjoy them, but it's not worth the day after I find. 

Tika Massala & a Peshwari Naan and I'm happy. 

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Vindaloo is a Portuguese dish in origin fact fans. Means marinated in wine and garlic iirc 

In before the Wardle

And made popular in Goa, then Britain. We love a bit of chilli, more than most Asians in fact.

• Like 1

Â