Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Has to learn not to lie. 

Its not the hair cutting, its that she lied and was quick to blame a friend instead. 

My wife was livid and ready to give the friends parents a round of fxxxx which would've been a tad awkward once the truth came out. 

I'll probably mellow in time for the first party though - at least if she goes she'll have wonky hair!

We are the same, we ban them from parties, but by the day of the party we've mellowed enough to let them go. 

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Question Time audiences - it's as though they all have an extra chromosome. 

I won't watch it anymore. If it's not the audiences, which seem to flip between right on Sun readers who walk around to a personal soundtrack of god save the Queen whilst constantly warmed by thoughts of Trafalgar and D Day, or neo hippies, it's the guests, which vary from political class scum of all colours to right wing media blowhards.

It's a **** car crash of a show and about the only thing I've ever watched that has caused my to break something whilst watching.

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It's got worse....

after a genuinely polite text to the parents, we get a reply saying the kids were with them at all times so don't know how it happened.

further interrogated daughter and transpires she did it herself and lied about her friend!!!!

fuming at her.... clippers may still make an appearance.

fortunately the text to the parents was polite and since spoken on the phone so all good there.

now banned from the three parties she has lined up over the next few weeks

To quote Alan Partridge...

"N*zis..."

How can you deny a 7 year old's social mobility - three parties? Glad you're not my daddy... ;)

Seriously though, I get the lying aspect of it and understand a punishment of some sort. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I won't watch it anymore. If it's not the audiences, which seem to flip between right on Sun readers who walk around to a personal soundtrack of god save the Queen whilst constantly warmed by thoughts of Trafalgar and D Day, or neo hippies, it's the guests, which vary from political class scum of all colours to right wing media blowhards.

It's a **** car crash of a show and about the only thing I've ever watched that has caused my to break something whilst watching.

It has clearly gotten worse over time, in fact this year is the peak year for idiocy. It has become the Jerry Springer show, incessant whopping and hollering and people just shouting out whilst panelists are talking. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My son is 5 today and he was that excited for his presents he woke up at 3.45 and has not been back to sleep, I don't think.  Happy birthday son, but come on, it's way too early.

Something,  something,  presents don't arrive until the sun comes up son.

14 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Something,  something,  presents don't arrive until the sun comes up son.

That's not much help - it's so close to the longest day of the year and starts getting light just after 4am!

I was just in a minor car accident that was completely my fault.

Thought a car was letting me go to change lanes when he slowed. Slightly poked out, he was not letting me go, and the front wing of my car has gone all the way down the side of his.

Completely my fault, and I've given him my details and the insurers.

I'm insured fully comp, am I on the hook for anything other than the excess? Obviously there will be the cost of repairing both cars, and to make matters worse, he's a taxi driver, am I liable for any loss of earnings? What about if he acts the knob and talks about whiplash (he was going about 15-20 and I was stationary, and it swiped down his wing, not head on, there's no chance of injury, but if he says otherwise...).

I don't recall getting up early on my birthdays when I was a kid. Christmas morning, yes, because I had the idea that Father Christmas brought the presents during the night. But birthday presents were obviously just from family, so I accepted a 'normal' kickoff time (especially as it was odds-on to be a school day). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I was just in a minor car accident that was completely my fault.

Thought a car was letting me go to change lanes when he slowed. Slightly poked out, he was not letting me go, and the front wing of my car has gone all the way down the side of his.

Completely my fault, and I've given him my details and the insurers.

I'm insured fully comp, am I on the hook for anything other than the excess? Obviously there will be the cost of repairing both cars, and to make matters worse, he's a taxi driver, am I liable for any loss of earnings? What about if he acts the knob and talks about whiplash (he was going about 15-20 and I was stationary, and it swiped down his wing, not head on, there's no chance of injury, but if he says otherwise...).

I don't understand how you can be at fault if you are stationary and he is was doing 15-20mph. Can you use a pen and paper and draw a diagram?

On the bright side, I just gave my insurance company a call and only then realised that you don't have to pay an excess when it's the third party claiming. There's some damage to my wing, but I think that'll be cheaper than the excess to repair anyway, so I'm not down a few hundred quid as I thought I'd be.

I'll lose my no claims, but it's my first year of car insurance anyway, so it just means I wait an extra year to get my first NCB. For some reason, even with details of the claim and 0 years no claims, the insurance renewal quotes I've just checked are 10% cheaper than last year.

Probably the cheapest wake up call I could have hoped for.

Feel for you mate. I've never had an accident, but I feel like it's only a matter of time and I'll be a useless, nervous wreck when it happens.

I don't even know what the procedure is. Somebody I'd bumped in to could issue me with an on the spot fine and for all I know that'd be absolutely normal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Feel for you mate. I've never had an accident, but I feel like it's only a matter of time and I'll be a useless, nervous wreck when it happens.

I don't even know what the procedure is. Somebody I'd bumped in to could issue me with an on the spot fine and for all I know that'd be absolutely normal.

you always have to get naked before swapping any details (or bodily fluids).

• Like 2

Father in law went in to hospital on Monday for a heart bypass, the missus has been taking the nipper to school in the morning then going to her mum's/the hospital for the rest of day leaving me to pick the nipper up and take her to her various after school activities. 

In this time I've managed to catch a cold, definitely blaming the bug factories at the nippers school for that. 

Today I asked the missus if there was anything on after school today and what's for dinner. She answered in the negative on both accounts so I did myself a couple of sirloin steaks for lunch and defrosted some Chinese style pork steaks for dinner. As I sat there stuffed feeling smug I'd managed to fit these meals under my calorie goal for the day with room for a small lapse in discipline later my mum called to check what time to book the table for after I pick up nipper. I've ended up being 800 calories over after refusing a pudding, on the bright side I really enjoyed my bbq platter and bottle of cider and I had weighed in a whole pound lighter than my weekly average today breaking through the 15st barrier. 

Oh well I'll be fat a little while longer. 

• Like 1

Â