Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Racism overload on sunday. Apologies for this.

Mother calls me as she does every sunday. I say I see your house is on the market, (they live abroad and are selling their UK house), my father pipes up (they have the phone on speaker) "turns out not only was the fella a jingly, but he was called mohammed, wouldnt sell to a mohammed, not fair on the neighbours" I said I am sure you cant do that, he says and if the next buyer is a jingly before we do anything I want ten percent deposit just to secure it, I said I am sure you cant do that and I dont think an estate agent would be allowed to do that. 

My parents really astound me, they would refuse to sell a house, and then come out with that site.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, they are making a decision on what they believe is important to them. I just wanted to make the point that from what I can see British Tradesmen seem to be universally against it (the EU).

Saying that, a lot of them are really stupid.

Someone I went to school with (a nose) asked on his Facebook feed whether British football teams could still play in European competitions if we voted out... He actually thought the UK was voting to leave the continent of Europe. no idea where he thought we'd then slot in.

He's a plumber and pushes the 'out vote' at every opportunity.

It's going to be a close run things by all accounts.

I think the turn out of students will be the biggest deciding factor.

I also think, as well as tradesmen, jobless people will vote out (they tuk our jerbs!) and the aging population.

It's basically students/professionals voting for in (based on my limited knowledge of listening to Radio 4, watching the news etc).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Racism overload on sunday. Apologies for this.

Mother calls me as she does every sunday. I say I see your house is on the market, (they live abroad and are selling their UK house), my father pipes up (they have the phone on speaker) "turns out not only was the fella a jingly, but he was called mohammed, wouldnt sell to a mohammed, not fair on the neighbours" I said I am sure you cant do that, he says and if the next buyer is a jingly before we do anything I want ten percent deposit just to secure it, I said I am sure you cant do that and I dont think an estate agent would be allowed to do that. 

My parents really astound me, they would refuse to sell a house, and then come out with that site.

Friend of the family lives near me. 

They've put their house up for sale, and seem to have no reservations about telling everyone it's because there are plans to build a mosque nearby.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's going to be a close run things by all accounts.

I think the turn out of students will be the biggest deciding factor.

I also think, as well as tradesmen, jobless people will vote out (they tuk our jerbs!) and the aging population.

It's basically students/professionals voting for in (based on my limited knowledge of listening to Radio 4, watching the news etc).

I can never understand the complete derision from some people to what, to me, seems a perfectly logical statement. Read other day that of all jobs taken this year, 55% were from EU nationals (from outside the UK), taking into account that a huge number of EU migrants are low or unskilled doesn't it stand to reason it will hit the low and unskilled in this country?

Edited by penguin

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I can never understand the complete derision from some from some to people to what, to me, seems a perfectly logical statement. Read other day that of all jobs taken this year, 55% were from EU nationals, taking into account that a huge number of EU migrants are low or unskilled doesn't it stand to reason it will hit the low and unskilled in this country?

I dunno, I haven't checked.

I suspect there are some arguments that being in the EU is good for the economy and helps create more jobs. That's not much comfort to someone on JSA who sees low skilled jobs increasingly taken by people who come over for a few years and send all of their money home, though.

The warm sense of multicultural satisfaction doesn't pay the bills.

I had to drive through the Dartford charge on the M25 last night. What a f***ing scandalous tax - straight from the government."let's charge people to use the busiest motorway in Britain"

When are the people gonna start stand ing up to this Bulls**t!?

I had to drive through the Dartford charge on the M25 last night. What a f***ing scandalous tax - straight from the government."let's charge people to use the busiest motorway in Britain"

When are the people gonna start stand ing up to this Bulls**t!?

This has been a toll crossing since 1963.......

I agree with the sentiment, agree entirely, but £2.50 pah! Try £6.40 most days of most weeks for me to use the M4. Usually at the back of a very long queue of people  who cannot understand what

'don't try to use this toll if you don't have a card because this one only takes cards not cash, by cash, we mean it doesn't take coins and it doesn't take notes, it just takes credit cards and debit cards. These cards are the rectangular plastic things in your wallet, often with Visa or Maestro written on them. If it's paper or metal and has a drawing of the Queen on it, that's probably cash, this toll doesn't accept cash don't join this **** queue you **** retard'

means when written in red neon that can be read from half a mile away.

• Like 1

Doesn't make it right...

Why should we pay to use a public highway? We pay tax.

You don't have to pay to use it, you can take an alternative route (go round the other way ;-) ) most bridges in the UK are toll bridges - Severn bridge, Humber Bridge, even the Cleddau bridge in Pembroke are tolled. Not sure why this one deserves to be singled out.

At least you don't have to drive into London and pay the congestion charge :-( or be told that your diesel vehicle is too old to be allowed into the LEZ......

*edit just Re-read not meant to be a dig at you. Just hear a lot of people complain about the Dartford crossing !

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's because they all read the shitty tabloid papers.  That's where they get their information. 

In a way, who can blame them?

'They all read shitty tabloid papers'

'Most of them are really stupid'

It's almost like tradesmen are being put into a negative steroetypical group!

:D

I know numerous people my age, who have parents in the UK for the week and come home for the weekend or every other weekend. I don't really have an issue with it. The whole UK jobs for UK people makes me uneasy anyway.

Nothing stopping people leaving the UK and getting a job elsewhere either.

Â