Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

How people keep referring to this year LCFC whenever any kind of debate comes up as if its even replicable. Can we just go back to the norm please instead of constantly comparing to a huge anomaly. Bothering me more than it should tbh

Edited by gharperr

30 minutes ago, gharperr said:

How people keep referring to this year LCFC whenever any kind of debate comes up as if its even replicable. Can we just go back to the norm please instead of constantly comparing to a huge anomaly. Bothering me more than it should tbh

It's like people citing the Man Utd class of '92 when someone says you can't win anything with kids.  Yes, it happened.  Once*.  In 140 years of football.  The point still stands.

*No doubt someone will come up with a whole 2nd other instance :)

At a friends party tonight and we have one of those people who wants to put his own music on... He regalled us with this song he would put one that lasts 30 mins but we would love it ...: my retort was music is like sex and if it lasts more than 2 minutes it's shit 

cue  him lecturing me about how I'm probably not understanding sex and I should learn tantra sex 

Now I'm not a man of violence but I think My next words were fully justified and understood by all

needless to say we listened to something else and 30 min man is currently sulking outside ... 

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

At a friends party tonight and we have one of those people who wants to put his own music on... He regalled us with this song he would put one that lasts 30 mins but we would love it ...: my retort was music is like sex and if it lasts more than 2 minutes it's shit 

cue  him lecturing me about how I'm probably not understanding sex and I should learn tantra sex 

Now I'm not a man of violence but I think My next words were fully justified and understood by all

needless to say we listened to something else and 30 min man is currently sulking outside ... 

There is an unwritten rule amongst my friends that I am never allowed to put my music on. 

• Like 2

So Seat68, what's pissing me off in Yank Land is the complete and utter capitulation to the Military Industrial Complex by the professional sports scene. Random pre game "celebrations" of "heroes", and all that bullshit. Some teams wear camouflage on these random special days. F-16's doing flyovers, the national anthem performed before EVERY game in EVERY major sport here. It's a total brainwash. And it's horrifying that some people here are so easily duped. The smartest people I've known have been Americans. But the most clobberingly* ignorant people I've known have been Americans. It's weird here, man :blink:

*A new word I just made up

A mate of mine every time we meet up berates me that "I never bought my axe". The poor excuse is that I am not a word removed. 2 people bring out acoustic guitars at a party they then proceed to noodle seperate bits of music. 

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

at parties I generally get my acoustic guitar out and let people hear some of my own poetry that I've put to music...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

The BGT National Lottery adverts with Katie Price, I've literally no idea what the joke is.

You ...for watching BGT :) 

• Like 3

I had a very talkative electrician at my house on Saturday, to do some compliance work so I can finally get out of my house and move up the ladder.

Anyway, he says "You voting on the referendum?"

"Why yes, yes I am"

Cue me vs closet racist who "honestly, I don't have any problem with Sikhs, it's just the other lot coming in and not integrating and taking benefits" etc etc.

My fave bit was "y'know the immigrants are coming to this country? 100,000 this year they say.. But it isn't it's 800,000.. they're lying about that"

and

him: "You never see anyone after these bombings coming out and condemning it do you?"

me: "Well actually you do, you see Imam's on the TV talking about it... and well, did you go on TV to stand up against Brevik??"

him: "who?"

and

"Well you can vote how you want, I'm voting to protect my kids and my family" - implying I couldn't give a hoot about mine.

But apart from that he was alright.. but it reaffirmed my opinion that idiots/thick people shouldn't be allowed to vote (and I include myself in that, I dunno what all of the implications are of staying/leaving, which is why I consider it dangerous). 

Just do the work and get out my house you knob.  

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I had a very talkative electrician at my house on Saturday, to do some compliance work so I can finally get out of my house and move up the ladder.

Anyway, he says "You voting on the referendum?"

"Why yes, yes I am"

Cue me vs closet racist who "honestly, I don't have any problem with Sikhs, it's just the other lot coming in and not integrating and taking benefits" etc etc.

My fave bit was "y'know the immigrants are coming to this country? 100,000 this year they say.. But it isn't it's 800,000.. they're lying about that"

and

him: "You never see anyone after these bombings coming out and condemning it do you?"

me: "Well actually you do, you see Imam's on the TV talking about it... and well, did you go on TV to stand up against Brevik??"

him: "who?"

and

"Well you can vote how you want, I'm voting to protect my kids and my family" - implying I couldn't give a hoot about mine.

But apart from that he was alright.. but it reaffirmed my opinion that idiots/thick people shouldn't be allowed to vote (and I include myself in that, I dunno what all of the implications are of staying/leaving, which is why I consider it dangerous).

Just do the work and get out my house you knob.

From what I can gather, its the Tradesmen of the UK who are 99% voting out. I think that is fuelled by an influx of foreign workers coming in doing the same job cheaper (and often better).

I know a number of plumbers, plasterers, tilers, builders and they are all passionate 'out' campaigners.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

From what I can gather, its the Tradesmen of the UK who are 99% voting out. I think that is fuelled by an influx of foreign workers coming in doing the same job cheaper (and often better).

I know a number of plumbers, plasterers, tilers, builders and they are all passionate 'out' campaigners.

It's because they all read the shitty tabloid papers.  That's where they get their information. 

In a way, who can blame them?

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

It's because they all read the shitty tabloid papers.  That's where they get their information.

In a way, who can blame them?

I agree, they are making a decision on what they believe is important to them. I just wanted to make the point that from what I can see British Tradesmen seem to be universally against it (the EU).

Saying that, a lot of them are really stupid.

Someone I went to school with (a nose) asked on his Facebook feed whether British football teams could still play in European competitions if we voted out... He actually thought the UK was voting to leave the continent of Europe. no idea where he thought we'd then slot in.

He's a plumber and pushes the 'out vote' at every opportunity.

• Like 1

Â