Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

You're one of those people that boils vegetables to mush and regards pasta as suspicious.

I'll have you know that I put slices of raw cauliflower in salads, that's how modern and cosmopolitan I am.

Although, I must confess, I am first generation steamer (!) when we have any relatives over from either side of the family they have a tendency to poke the veg on their plate with a fork and look around with this face that says 'I can't eat this, they haven't boiled it to oblivion for an hour'.

-----

I did just have a phone conversation with one of my retailer clients that wants to 'adapt' (cough copy cough) an idea they've seen in McDonalds, and I had to confess I didn't have a clue what they were talking about as I'd never been in a McDonalds. I'm more of a chip shop kinda guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Baby pikeys?

A regional variation of the crumpet is the pikelet, whose name derives from the Welsh bara piglydd or "pitchy [i.e. dark or sticky] bread", later shortened simply to piglydd;[5][6] the early 17th century lexicographer, Randle Cotgrave, spoke of "our Welsh barrapycleds".[7]The word spread initially to the West Midlands, where it became anglicised as "pikelet",[8] and subsequently to Cheshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, and other areas of the north.

Always been Pikelets to me :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Pikelets are like flatter, thinner crumpets. with fewer holes in to me - i.e. there's a small difference.

Was just about to say this, but you saved me the bother. Pikelets are basically flatter crumpets.

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Pikelets are like flatter, thinner crumpets. with fewer holes in to me - i.e. there's a small difference.

Yep, this.

Crumpet
knifecrimecrumpet.jpg

Pikelet

pikelet.jpg

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Crumpets, beans, cheese and worcestershire sauce was my dinner on Tuesday.. :wub:

That sounds mental.

I love it.

Edit: sounds similar to "Ham specials" that my mom used to make.
Toast with a slice of ham, covered in beans and topped with toasted cheese and Worcestershire sauce

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

candyfloss and winkles if you're perverted list is anything to go by

Butter, it's butter on crumpets across the entire civilised world, it's a true science law fact end of period doublestamp

FTFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Crumpets, beans, cheese and worcestershire sauce was my dinner on Tuesday.. :wub:

I take it Wednesday is shopping day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

To put marmalade, or marmite, or Gentleman's Relish (careful now) for example, on a crumpet would be a heinous food crime and mark you out as a cad of the most unscrupulous kidney.

Always Marmite for me (not much though, should only be a hint). 

Mind you, I eat Marmite on pretty much everything so maybe I'm not a good barometer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That sounds mental.

I love it.

Edit: sounds similar to "Ham specials" that my mom used to make.
Toast with a slice of ham, covered in beans and topped with toasted cheese and Worcestershire sauce

Was she in the Bullingdon Club?

3 hours ago, Xann said:

Nutella, honey, lemon curd, jam, marmite, peanut butter - Individually fine crumpet fodder.

No, no, no, no, no and no.

Then again all but the fourth no is because they're absolutely foul foodstuffs and shouldn't be put on anything let alone a crumpet. :)

Edit: My preference is for butter as the topping but pâté is fine and cottage cheese is very pleasant.

Edited by snowychap

Â