Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

they'll be on their bike with no protective gear on, no lights and dark clothing, sometimes at night! That is crazy!

I used to cycle to the pub when I was younger and then ride home like that whilst pissed 

• Like 1

I like a good bike ride myself but I do get pissed off driving on a Sunday (at least before my car got knicked) and there's a peloton of them making it hard to overtake, and also creating a backlog at traffic lights.

Also Italian football pisses me off.  I'd say it's the worst league for gamesmanship by far.

I cycle lots. Riding 2+  abreast in traffic is legal, but selfish to the point of insult.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's a good job I didn't go off on another rant I had boiling about golfers...

Everyone hates golfers. Golfers and non-golfers alike.

It's all hate, golf.

• Like 2

I wish I hadn't found this thread because I am a right grumpy old git and can see myself venting my spleen on here quite a lot. Something just crossed my mind though is people who arrive at the barriers at rail stations and then begin to start looking for their ticket whilst blocking the gate.  I mean how much forethought does it need to fish it out as you are on your way to the gate or to move aside when you realise it's not to hand

They drive me nuts

• Like 1

I used to cycle to the pub when I was younger and then ride home like that whilst pissed 

I used to do that from Moseley to the lamp tavern in Highgate.

I defied death a few times missing skips by mere millimetres and there was a great hedge in the Salisbury Road which I used to end up in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's a good job I didn't go off on another rant I had boiling about golfers because there are even more of them and they definitely have a sense of humour bypass

Sounds like you just can't putt, mate.

Just though of another. Huge global corporations that make themselves look like a small cosey sleepy business not a steaming great cash cow of a juggernaut ripping off their suppliers

The dolmio adverts and current Stella Artois adverts are of this ilk

• Like 2

Spoony posted in the Things That Piss You Off That Shouldn't thread. You won't believe what happened next...

Spoony shocked VillaTalk members when he said this...

Spoony has revealed that this is the reason he joined VillaTalk.

^^^^^THIS KIND OF CRAP IS DRIVING ME MENTAL AND "HITC" ON NEWSNOW IS THE BIGGEST CULPRIT AND I HOPE ALL THOSE RESPONSIBLE SIT ON WOBBLY TABLES WITH ONE LEG SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Spoony posted in the Things That Piss You Off That Shouldn't thread. You won't believe what happened next...

^^^^^THIS KIND OF CRAP IS DRIVING ME MENTAL AND "HITC" ON NEWSNOW IS THE BIGGEST CULPRIT AND I HOPE ALL THOSE RESPONSIBLE SIT ON WOBBLY TABLES WITH ONE LEG SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

Sources claim that Spoony said I HOPE ALL THOSE RESPONSIBLE SIT ON WOBBLY TABLES WITH ONE LEG SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

Edited by sidcow

Few of my mates turn 50 this year so we've been planning the weekend getaway 

Moldova and Macedonia were discussed as was Bosnia and Belgrade 

and then suddenly it's become a choice between bloody Germany or poxy Spain

Don't get me wrong Inlike Germany but we did Hamburg last year so it's not really very imaginative and Spain well it's just a bit meh really ...

i was looking forward to getting pissed in Transnistria .... Oh best get my sombrero out the loft 

On 25 April 2016 at 23:42, sidcow said:

Sources claim that Spoony said I HOPE ALL THOSE RESPONSIBLE SIT ON WOBBLY TABLES WITH ONE LEG SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

SIDCOW LOST 7LB IN ONE WEEK BY EATING THIS WEIRD FRUIT

pasty.png

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

SIDCOW COST 7LB IN ONE WEEK BY EATING THIS WEIRD FRUIT

pasty.png

I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un

The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

57 minutes ago, Spoony said:

ONE WEIRD TRICK TO PISS OFF SPOONY

• Like 2

On 24/04/2016 at 22:23, sidcow said:

Just though of another. Huge global corporations that make themselves look like a small cosey sleepy business not a steaming great cash cow of a juggernaut ripping off their suppliers

The dolmio adverts and current Stella Artois adverts are of this ilk

yep, totally agree with this

There's one at the moment where it's some cider or other, the story is it's just a little farm but before the next batch of cider, stored in a wooden vat in a barn with straw on the floor can be despatched to us, it has to pass the old farmer's taste test. He scoops in a jug and has a glug of golden bubbly cider as quality control. 

We all know it's made on an industrial estate on the outskirts of some town and stored in 20 metre high stainless steel towers, quality control is by computer analysis and cost consultant purchasing of competitively priced ingredients supplied to a tight specification. But yeah, old farmer Bill's secret recipe.

• Like 3

Our pub quiz setter was at it again last night. "How many wins have Aston Villa managed in 35 games this season?" 

Oh, how I laughed. 

At least we won the **** quiz. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

yep, totally agree with this

There's one at the moment where it's some cider or other, the story is it's just a little farm but before the next batch of cider, stored in a wooden vat in a barn with straw on the floor can be despatched to us, it has to pass the old farmer's taste test. He scoops in a jug and has a glug of golden bubbly cider as quality control. 

We all know it's made on an industrial estate on the outskirts of some town and stored in 20 metre high stainless steel towers, quality control is by computer analysis and cost consultant purchasing of competitively priced ingredients supplied to a tight specification. But yeah, old farmer Bill's secret recipe.

Can you imagine the public health risks from cider brewed in wooden vats on straw-strewn floors? 

Make a H&S inspector's eyes bleed, that would. 

• Like 1

Â