Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Erm, yes.

i bet you've read one of Levi's posts all the way to the end as well :)

My rule  of thumb  with medicine is chuck 2 down with a glass of water couple of times a day and then read the leaflet about 5 days into the course of treatment 

• Like 1

People who don't like black pudding.

Or rather, people who turn their noses up at it because of "what it is". If you've tried it and don't like it then fair enough. But there seems to be a huge amount of people who won't even contemplate eating it because it's made from blood.

The problem is with black pudding is that cheap black pudding is horrible and it tends to be a case of poor quality black pudding cut too thickly which leads to it being really dry

If you get good quality and cook it right then yeah it's beautiful, if I get good quality I'll eat it raw

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has anybody ever read those instructions?

If it's off shelf in a shop, no. If it's over the counter or prescription, yes. Usually to see if it's going to clash with booze or other pills.

I think what pisses me off more about the instructions in the box is without fail, I will close the box up and open up the other end to get at the pills. I could just bin the instructions, as I won't look at them, but I never, ever do. I always leave them in the box and switch ends whenever I open the wrong end.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That should encourage everyone over the age of 60 shouldn't it :) ... A crime is a crime age is irrespective (unless your name is Adam Johnson of course )

I agree. However, prisons are uniquely rubbish places for very old people. That's not to say they shouldn't be sent there, and these guys clearly deserved a prison sentence. But long sentences rapidly lose justification as the age of the inmates progresses. From the moment of arrest to the moment of release, these guys will have been in the justice system for about five years, which is hardly a trivial amount of time for people in their 60's and 70's. 

Ohh breakfasts. Had an Irish breakfast in Dublin over the last weekend.. white pudding - yes it's nice, but it's just a shittier quality haggis.  Sorry Ireland.

Scots win, haggis > white pud.

The order then, is;

Haggis > Black pud > White pud*

*This could be because it was from a low quality cafe in Templebar, I'm sure you can get really nice white pud, but from my experience, even cheap black pud is better.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People who don't like black pudding.

Or rather, people who turn their noses up at it because of "what it is". If you've tried it and don't like it then fair enough. But there seems to be a huge amount of people who won't even contemplate eating it because it's made from blood.

My local butcher does a black pudding and pork pie. It's amazing!

• Like 1

White pudding is better than black pudding.

Can't say I've had haggis very often so can't really say what's better. But I did like haggis and made the comparison to white pudding myself. Haggis is a bit spicier IIRC.

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

My local butcher does a black pudding and pork pie. It's amazing!

Sounds amazing!

My mom's makes deep fried black pudding balls as a starter sometimes. They're incredible.

Also, scallops and black pudding are lovely too.

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

people that call themselves mummy/daddy/nanny to dogs

I think I've mentioned before, how annoying I find people who think dogs are actually people too are. There was a woman at my work, going on about something her dog thought was hilarious. She didn't take kindly to me pointing out, that her dog couldn't possibly find anything "hilarious".

• Like 2

American adverts for paracetamol make me lol.

"GET RID OF THAT TRICKY HEADACHE IN 12.3 SECONDS, PAIN WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST WITH THESE AMAZING PARACETAMOL, MEDICALLY PROVED* TO MURDER AND DESTROY ANY HEADACHE! AND ONLY FOR $300 PER PILL!!!!!!!"

"pleasenotethatbytakingthesepillssomeofthesideaffectsarecancerdiarrheatumorofthefacevaginaandpenistheydontreallyreducethepainthatmucheithertheyjustmakeithurtalittlelessohanddidwementionthatyourwristswillshrinkinsize?weirdrighthahahaanywayletsgo"

*these paracetamol are not medically proved to do anything.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2016 at 15:52, tonyh29 said:

David Cameron is a leftie and a Villa fan

Claims that Cameron is a Villa fan. Is he heck as like. It's a flag of convenience. Hansard records him saying this (pdf)

Mr. David Cameron (Witney): It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Leigh (Andy Burnham), who knows a lot about his subject. Not only is he a football fan, he is quite an accomplished cricket player, as I discovered during a game this summer.

Many of those who have spoken in the debate or have written about the subject are either lawyers or football fans, but I have to confess that I am neither:

More recently was the "West Ham" crap he came out with. There is no genuine football fan on earth would accidentally say the name of the "wrong" team.

More widely it bugs me that people "have to have a football team", and it bugs me that politicians like Blair and Cameron have their plastic allegiances to clubs for their own purposes.

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

Claims that Cameron is a Villa fan. Is he heck as like. It's a flag of convenience. Hansard records him saying this (pdf)

More recently was the "West Ham" crap he came out with. There is no genuine football fan on earth would accidentally say the name of the "wrong" team.

More widely it bugs me that people "have to have a football team", and it bugs me that politicians like Blair and Cameron have their plastic allegiances to clubs for their own purposes.

Cameron is a villa fan , he may not be as passionate about it as you or I , but that's the team he picked  he's as much a fan as Tom Hanks or Prince William but they aren't Tory so probably don't provoke as much ire with people  ..lets be honest if you were going to fake a team Blair style in a bid to win votes you wouldn't pick Aston Villa would you :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cameron is a villa fan , he may not be as passionate about it as you or I , but that's the team he picked  he's as much a fan as Tom Hanks or Prince William but they aren't Tory so probably don't provoke as much ire with people  ..lets be honest if you were going to fake a team Blair style in a bid to win votes you wouldn't pick Aston Villa would you :) 

To be fair,  politicians of all parties will use anything to get what they want,  disabled children,  illness or stories about hardship when they were younger just to make out they are one of us.  For Cameron,  choosing AVFC is just his "X factor Line" looking for sympathy,  it was either AVFC or "My dog got run over when i was 5 and I don't know who my dad is".  He was hardly ever going to say he supports Real Madrid was he,  a calculated move that back-fired as the AVFC / West ham colour was always going to be a concern for the spin ?  Next week,  Corbyn loves greyhound racing.  They are all words removed.:D

• Like 1

On 08/03/2016 at 23:31, tonyh29 said:

If you can find a bean that's native to British soil I might conceded but until such time beans are off the full English 

See right in the middle of the label "made in England". That's enough for me to be able to eat them.

heinz_baked_beans_33p.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

See right in the middle of the label "made in England". That's enough for me to be able to eat them.

heinz_baked_beans_33p.jpg

made in England by an American owned company ..they are still off the English Breakfast list ,my rules and I'm sticking to them :P

I like the fact it has instructions on how to open a  can with a ring pull on it .... and there was me about to get a hacksaw and cut the tin through the middle 

Edited by tonyh29

I'm pretty sure that David Cameron has been to Villa Park a fair bit, well before he became PM.  The West Ham shit was a cock up due to doing a speech in East London and I think the speech writer chose West Ham as they were the local team he was encouraging people to support.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's exactly what Cameron has done. Exactly the same thing.

Cameron is the nephew of former Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale who took him to his first ever game as a 13-year-old.

he must have had political aspirations at an early age :) 

Â