Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The prices of holidays during school holidays.

I know the score, yet every time I find myself checking ether just before they start or just after they finish and rage washes over me. I need to let go.

A couple at work with 2 teenage daughters just booked 10 nights all inclusive in Portugal during the school holidays - not much change out of £5k. Ouch!

She who shall not be named and I are paying the same amount for 14 nights all inclusive, at a 5 star resort in mexico in June including flights, as her parents are paying for 12 nights in an all inclusive 4 star resort in majorca barely a month later :D

Edited by Stevo985

Discovering the porch stairs job I thought was gonna be cut and dried is far from it. The original job was a juryrigged nightmare and now its gonna have to be a juryrig job by me. Spending half a day under a porch in the dirt with my neck craned up is a word removed. And then when I was cleaning up, a rabid porcupine charged at me! Haha not my day.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I know the score, yet every time I find myself checking ether just before they start or just after they finish and rage washes over me. I need to let go.

A couple at work with 2 teenage daughters just booked 10 nights all inclusive in Portugal during the school holidays - not much change out of £5k. Ouch!
You could go round the world with that!
not during he summer holidays you can't ;)

It's something I joke about in the office too, last year me and the missus went up and down japan for 2 weeks for about £1500 cheaper than a bloke in my office, his wife and 2 kids paid to go to Cyprus

That's not strictly true , if you book your flights early enough or know your way around ITA matrix then it's easy to get some good deals

Though Its true robbing bastards like centre parcs deliberately put the price up during school holidays ( hence why i boycott them )

Edited by tonyh29

You could go round the world with that!
not during he summer holidays you can't ;)

It's something I joke about in the office too, last year me and the missus went up and down japan for 2 weeks for about £1500 cheaper than a bloke in my office, his wife and 2 kids paid to go to Cyprus

That's not strictly true , if you book your flights early enough or know your way around ITA matrix then it's easy to get some good deals

Though Its true robbing bastards like centre parcs deliberately put the price up during school holidays ( hence why i boycott them )

Yeah I don't think there's much of a mark up outside of the usual family holiday destinations.

The fact that this forum can't go a week or so without the issue of teachers coming up...

Although it can be amusing.

Haven't you just brought it up?

It was brought up in another thread...  :P

that I can't escape cricket coverage of one form or the other.

Howzat? :wub:

That creased me up :)

I was worried for a moment that it was a silly point.

Been sat here trying to think of another cricket pun, but I'm stumped.

• Like 1

I was doing all of those things.

Well you quite obviously weren't doing the first or the third.

Yeah I don't actually understand what any of them meant :P

that I can't escape cricket coverage of one form or the other.

Howzat? :wub:

That creased me up :)

I was worried for a moment that it was a silly point.

Been sat here trying to think of another cricket pun, but I'm stumped.

Kapil Dev.

Going back to women's football, it may be awful but they don't do diplomatic! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32724976

Arsenal Ladies striker Kelly Smith says the Sunderland player who left her needing ankle surgery "is not good enough" to play in Women's Super League One.

Abby Holmes was sent off last month for the tackle which has left Smith sidelined for three to four months.

Smith, 36, is regarded as England's best ever player and recently retired from international duty.

"I'm absolutely furious and I can't get that tackle out of my head," she said.

"While she gets a three-match ban I, in effect, get a 15-game ban in the league as well as cup games.

"She's clearly not good enough to be playing at this level.

Yeah...I am I the only one who doesnt think its that bad a tackle? Certainly not bad enough for comments like that, incredibly unprofessional.

A good mate of mine of 40 plus years' standing has oesophagal cancer. They've hammered it with chemo, and reckoned there was a good chance of success with surgery. He went in for that yesterday - and they discovered the cancer had spread to his stomach, and called it off. Dunno how he and his missus are coping, but I feel proper down right now. As we seem to keep saying on here, **** ing cancer.

A good mate of mine of 40 plus years' standing has oesophagal cancer. They've hammered it with chemo, and reckoned there was a good chance of success with surgery. He went in for that yesterday - and they discovered the cancer had spread to his stomach, and called it off. Dunno how he and his missus are coping, but I feel proper down right now. As we seem to keep saying on here, **** ing cancer.

No words will help, but know that we feel for you and your friend.

Cannot wait until we cure all forms, that day cannot come soon enough.

• Like 4

Shit news Mike.

Think I mentioned on here, but I lost my oldest mate at the end of last year to that **** disease and there are a number of my family and friends (including my mom) who are being affected by it to varying degrees.

Really feeling for you and your friend.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that Mike :(

Â