Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Spending money on work clothes.

i hate spending money on work tools or clothes. if i can i normally have peoples cast off work boots when they buy a new pair. infact ive got to buy some tools in the morning.
if it's deemed protective clothing ( work boots most likely are in your line of work ) it's tax deductible so stick them on your tax return.... Ok it's not in amazons league but it's a start

yeah i put them in with my tax return.

yeah PPE is included on your P87 form so you can claim it

if you are directly employed then your employer has to provide PPE for you

even when i was on the books we never ever got boots provided.

they have to, its the claw

my old employer created a policy where they provided you with a pair of £11 absolutely **** awful things so the majority of us just bought our own anyway, they also refused to buy rigger boots so i had the one pair for 4 years

now with my new employer we tend to have visitor boots on the bigger sites so i just pick the nicest pair of them for myself

there are a lot of things our firm gets away with. unsafe scaffold is one of them along with other stuff. also dont pass on money to the sub contactors which they get from the builders for new regulations that came in like the dust suppresion etc.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

there are a lot of things our firm gets away with. unsafe scaffold is one of them along with other stuff. also dont pass on money to the sub contactors which they get from the builders for new regulations that came in like the dust suppresion etc.

Good job the Tories have broken the power of the unions, eh?
  • Like 2

I buy kit and clothes as and when I need it, boots, vests, the occasional printer or disto and stick the vat receipt in my expenses.

I've got a system now where I just book hotels or travel or buy dinner all on one dedicated credit card and give them the bill with receipts pinned to it. That way, they get to pay any interest incurred as well.

I generally use a highlighter pen on the Costa Coffee and severn bridge toll receipts to show how long I was out.

My local chinese takeaway don't even need to be asked anymore, they just include a proper receipt! Admin love reading through my takeaway orders.

you should stand as an MP with that expense account

Years back at one of my early jobs  , when we had company offsite meetings or training  i used to get into my colleuages rooms and order the adult channel just so they had to go through the embarssment of submititng an expenses receipt with it itemised  ... sadly a few hotels were too discreet with their billing and it didn't always work

Edited by tonyh29

Going through one of those shitty low periods (not caused by the Tories, although not helped ;) ) in which I get very little done and I just drink tea and stare into space.

What pisses me off is that I thought I was getting too old for this shit. Apparently not.

Dear diary etc.

One that I'm sure has been done before, but goal music. It's just sooo shit! Particularly Leicester playing Kasabian, and Palace playing Glad All Over, which I've heard on MOTD this evening. 

Leicester fans have them stupid paper clappers to aid the atmosphere. I can understand the hierarchy being out of touch enough to think they were a good idea but the Leicester fans appear to have embraced them. Modern football. 

• Like 2

Going through one of those shitty low periods (not caused by the Tories, although not helped ;) ) in which I get very little done and I just drink tea and stare into space.

What pisses me off is that I thought I was getting too old for this shit. Apparently not.

Dear diary etc.

Go for a run. Serious suggestion.
  • Like 1

One that I'm sure has been done before, but goal music. It's just sooo shit! Particularly Leicester playing Kasabian, and Palace playing Glad All Over, which I've heard on MOTD this evening.

Ugh with 'glad all over' you've just reminded me of that horrible defeat to Millwall a few years back.

• Like 1

Dear diary etc.

Go for a run. Serious suggestion.

Done. Got chased by a goose.

• Like 2

Â