Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The prices of holidays during school holidays.

I know the score, yet every time I find myself checking ether just before they start or just after they finish and rage washes over me. I need to let go.

A couple at work with 2 teenage daughters just booked 10 nights all inclusive in Portugal during the school holidays - not much change out of £5k. Ouch!

my last 3 holidays with 2 young kids in school holidays:

Summer 2014 - Tenerife 1 week half-board - £2,900

Christmas 2014 - Sharm-El Sheik 1 week all inclusive - £3,000

Easter 2015 - Gran Canaria 1 week half-board - £2,700

:wacko:

I don't bother letting it annoy me anymore.

I still remember a deal that i got about 8 years ago for me & my wife (before kids):

10 days in Goa, flight and decentish hotel for £219 per person. 

This stupid idea for selling records. For some reason people have pledge $15,000 to it on kickstarter, the phrase 'hand-curated' is pretty annoying too.

Looks to be going well for people who 'subscribed' lol, getvnyl tag. A part of me thinks that it serves them right.

http://www.stereogum.com/1801049/vnyl-sliding-why-the-netflix-for-vinyl-service-is-such-a-mess/franchises/essay/

"Took a peek at your links, saw a ton of artists I love as well, like Spiritualized, Beach House, and LCD Soundsystem, along with plenty of others! Hope you dig these great records by Lionel Richie, Michael Quatro, and a sweet ’70s hits compilation while you spend time with someone special."

The Game of Thrones thread on this forum, Ive just finished the 3rd book and have never seen the tv series, I'm desperate to take a sneaky look in there but I know I'll **** the rest of the books up if I do

The Game of Thrones thread on this forum, Ive just finished the 3rd book and have never seen the tv series, I'm desperate to take a sneaky look in there but I know I'll **** the rest of the books up if I do

You won't on the most recent series, it's veering greatly from the books.

There is a song of ice and fire book thread buried somewhere though. That will **** the rest of the books up for you.

Its bad enough if you've watched all the TV series and read most of the books, spoilers everywhere.

If you're enjoying the books I would avoid like the plague.

The only things that have been spoiled by the series is that I know what Tyrion looks like (even though the image in my head is completely different) and I know what Arya and Daenerys look like.

I know there is something about a red wedding but don't know what happens there, I think I've done well to avoid any more spoilers than that.

Why are people paying school holiday prices for holidays at all?

Yes, you could get fined but just treat it like a holiday tax and enjoy the massive discounts.

The only things that have been spoiled by the series is that I know what Tyrion looks like (even though the image in my head is completely different) and I know what Arya and Daenerys look like.

I know there is something about a red wedding but don't know what happens there, I think I've done well to avoid any more spoilers than that.

But you've finished the 3rd book? Or do you mean the first part of the 3rd book?

Why are people paying school holiday prices for holidays at all?

Yes, you could get fined but just treat it like a holiday tax and enjoy the massive discounts.

In the last parliament I signed up to a petition calling for the Government to look at these fines and change the law to apply a bit of common sense. In my view there is a very big obvious and clear difference between truancy and parents taking their children on a family holiday.

I received a 4 page hand written letter back from my (Tory) MP saying in essence he didnt agree with me and that he backed the line of the current legilslation. At the time I thought OK fair enough he has his point of view all I can do is exercise my democratic right to try and vote him out at the next election.

Didn't go so well for me.

• Like 2

You should have 1 or 2 weeks in the school year where you can take your kids out, but you couldn't have more than say, 2/3 kids off school for that specific week.

Especially in Primary school.

I mean, if you're taking your kids for 2 weeks to Majorca then yea, I can see the schools point.  But if you're going somewhere interesting kids get absorbed into the culture and learn a great deal.

• Like 1

Â