Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I recently sold my car having had problems with it for 12 months or so. My recommendation would be to get rid ASAP as these things only tend to get worse, and hence more costly. By the time I sold my car, I barely took enough money to cover the costs of getting it up to a saleable condition.

Volkswagon?

• Like 1

The bloke on the Kindle Fire advert.I want to punch him.

Is that the Mayday advert? I wonder how long it'll be before some poor Amazon employee is scarred for life by what they see on one of them calls.

If i remember right, they can't see you. 

You want to pick on TB? Then pick on Willie!

923462_439998709422939_897829124_n.png

Hey, I don't mind anyone picking on me (this is just an online forum - right?) But I'd very much appreciate any feedback on my spelling, grammar and any mis-use of colloquialisms... I've worked in the UK in the past, but that was some time ago...

*I've workt in the UK in the past, but that were some time a go

You want to pick on TB? Then pick on Willie!

923462_439998709422939_897829124_n.png

Hey, I don't mind anyone picking on me (this is just an online forum - right?) But I'd very much appreciate any feedback on my spelling, grammar and any mis-use of colloquialisms... I've worked in the UK in the past, but that was some time ago...

*I've workt in the UK in the past, but that were some time a go

Yorkshire?

• Like 1

*I worked in the UK. Aye, I did. T'were some time ago, with bicycles and cobbled streets and men with dirty scruffs and flatcaps. Aye, a simpler time, a pint a bitter cheap like compared t'now.

Reet convincing, that. Tha sounds like tha's Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred - strong in t'arm, weak in t''ead. 

China has just been granted a seat on the U.N. human rights council :crylaugh: :crylaugh:  No you're not in the jokes thread.

No more of a joke than Kissinger or Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

As Tom Lehrer said: "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize". 

• Like 1

China has just been granted a seat on the U.N. human rights council :crylaugh: :crylaugh: No you're not in the jokes thread.

No more of a joke than Kissinger or Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Oh but it is. The award is a meaningless gesture with no real consequences. This seat gives them influence and an element of power they ill-deserve to have.
  • Like 1

I recently sold my car having had problems with it for 12 months or so. My recommendation would be to get rid ASAP as these things only tend to get worse, and hence more costly. By the time I sold my car, I barely took enough money to cover the costs of getting it up to a saleable condition.

Volkswagon?

Seat, so same thing or there abouts.

1. I work for quite a large company. In the business park where we're based, we are in a section with three buildings in a kind of U shape, my company owns the two opposing buildings as well as the ground floor of the middle building. There are two companies on the first and second floors of the middle building. Now, these companies have probably 100 parking spaces between them and only use about half of them because there are so few people working at either company yet if we use any of their spaces they call security and some little man turns up in his electric car to give you a fine.

I could understand if anyone got in the way of them using their own parking spaces but they don't and never have, they have more spaces than cars!

2. BMW drivers. Today one pulled out in front of me on the way home from work, no less than you'd expect. Wouldn't have dared if I was driving the Mustang. And on the way to pick my brother up from work half an hour ago, I had one right up behind me with the lights on main beam for about 4 miles. He wasn't attempting to overtake, he was just being a typical BMW driver. A bad one. I hope those two crash into each other.

3. My brother has a fake sneeze that he does to amuse himself, no one finds it funny. Instead of the normal 'a-choo' he will just shout "DAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" really loud and quickly but if a sneeze catches him by surprise or if there is someone he doesn't know around, he just does a normal, quiet 'a-choo' so we all know it is put on. The worst thing is when he does it when you're in the car, driving very fast down dark roads and suddenly "DAHHHHHHHH!!!!" and you almost swerve out of surprise.

Next time I may do an emergency stop if the road is clear just to give him a scare.

Edited by villaajax

That every German Bar/Restaurant has a 'Piss Tax', every place you go, they have a piss tax, ridiculous, but clever.

Lots of European countries have these , it's basically a charge to use the toilet ... Rather than the unofficial type bloke with the smellies that BOF refers to which at least is optional

In a lot of cases it's an honour plate that you are supposed to put some coins into ... Few times I've been on a session in a pub in Europe and a local will come over and start having a go at you after about your 4th piss if you haven't put in ( it's not that I'm tight honest , it's just foreign to us to pay a charge/ tip like that and not always obvious )

That every German Bar/Restaurant has a 'Piss Tax', every place you go, they have a piss tax, ridiculous, but clever.

Lots of European countries have these , it's basically a charge to use the toilet ... Rather than the unofficial type bloke with the smellies that BOF refers to which at least is optional

In a lot of cases it's an honour plate that you are supposed to put some coins into ... Few times I've been on a session in a pub in Europe and a local will come over and start having a go at you after about your 4th piss if you haven't put in ( it's not that I'm tight honest , it's just foreign to us to pay a charge/ tip like that and not always obvious )

Yeah wasn't sure at first whether it was customary or what, so skipped the first one then got educated on the culture.. Odd because I never saw them in France and they love to tax everything!, then again I was in a Ski resort so maybe different to somewhere like Paris? 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â