Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Christmas adverts, but not for the fact that its November 12th and they're on, but just the notion that they think we need to be reminded that its nearly time to stock up on cheap frozen party food (Iceland) or that time is running out to buy a sofa with interest free credit (dfs, sale ends Christmas eve btw) & the worst is these fecking story cartoon ones. **** you John lewis

Did anyone watch that bbc thing about Iceland a company ran by an Idiot  .

runned by an idiot, idiot

• Like 2

The bloke on the Kindle Fire advert.I want to punch him.

Is that the Mayday advert? I wonder how long it'll be before some poor Amazon employee is scarred for life by what they see on one of them calls.

I don't mind Xmas ads in November.  If they only showed in Dec all the last minute dickheads would just go in Dec and xmas shopping would be annoying as hell.  

As it is, I get reminded of some of the stuff I'm buying people and order/buy it in November

You can't expect companies whose busiest time of year to only give you 3 weeks notice :lol: that's more stupid than xmas adverts on in Nov.

Christmas adverts, but not for the fact that its November 12th and they're on, but just the notion that they think we need to be reminded that its nearly time to stock up on cheap frozen party food (Iceland) or that time is running out to buy a sofa with interest free credit (dfs, sale ends Christmas eve btw) & the worst is these fecking story cartoon ones. **** you John lewis

Huh? Possibly way OT - but as English isn't my first language, please bear with me - I'd love to better my English... Now, I may be the idiot here, but surely this is passive voice? I would say "a company run by an idiot" (he is still running it to this day) or "a company ran by an idiot" (he was, but thankfully, he's been fired). Am I wrong?

Huh? Possibly way OT - but as English isn't my first language, please bear with me - I'd love to better my English... Now, I may be the idiot here, but surely this is passive voice? I would say "a company run by an idiot" (he is still running it to this day) or "a company ran by an idiot" (he was, but thankfully, he's been fired). Am I wrong?

You're thinking about it too much.

• Like 1

post-26914-bruce-lee-dont-think-feel-gif

• Like 2

On the subject of adverts, the go compare ad where the bloke hires a plane with a banner to advertise the vehicles they cover, but has to hire a second plane to fit the last 4 letters of "insurance" on, then says "if we stop van insurance we could fit it all on one banner?"

Van is a three letter word, so they would still need another banner for the e left over from insurance, no?

On the subject of adverts, the go compare ad where the bloke hires a plane with a banner to advertise the vehicles they cover, but has to hire a second plane to fit the last 4 letters of "insurance" on, then says "if we stop van insurance we could fit it all on one banner?"

Van is a three letter word, so they would still need another banner for the e left over from insurance, no?

What about the space after 'van'?

• Like 1

Huh? Possibly way OT - but as English isn't my first language, please bear with me - I'd love to better my English... Now, I may be the idiot here, but surely this is passive voice? I would say "a company run by an idiot" (he is still running it to this day) or "a company ran by an idiot" (he was, but thankfully, he's been fired). Am I wrong?
I knew 'ran' didn't look right in that context and after a quick search as to why (and to make sure I didn't look a fool!) now I know. The passive voice in English uses the past participle, not the simple past. In other words 'the company run by an idiot'. But even though that's grammatically correct, it is ambiguous because it's the same sentence whether he's still there or not so I'd say 'the company that used to be run by an idiot'.

Â