Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

That jumpers won't just shit or get off the pot.

It shouldn't piss me off because they're desperate individuals.

????

Is this a yoof thing?

Its probably the guy threatening to jump off a bridge which has led to the m42 being closed due to police negotiating with the fella and stopping Darren from getting home. Can understand Darren's frustration but a bit of compassion is needed also.

Ah!

What pisses me a lot is certain people who diss others for reading papers like The Sun. These people also have to 'stress' what 'conservative' paper they read (like they're not all the same hah!). Does it makes them a better person or something

I don't understand it...

Call it a rag all you like, but don't diss me for reading it, my life has been reasonably successful up to now, and I will continue to read it and enjoy it! /end

The Sun IS a Conservative paper. 

Do we have a truly 'left-wing' paper? I mean, people will say the Guardian, but that is really written by and created for London-dwelling bourgeoisie.

The former Manchester Guardian, you mean? 

• Like 1

That jumpers won't just shit or get off the pot.

It shouldn't piss me off because they're desperate individuals.

????

Is this a yoof thing?

Its probably the guy threatening to jump off a bridge which has led to the m42 being closed due to police negotiating with the fella and stopping Darren from getting home. Can understand Darren's frustration but a bit of compassion is needed also.

Yeah it's regarding that but it's happened many times over before. Not sure if it's a west Midlands thing or it happens everywhere at the same frequency.

Anyway, the wife cut me off mid post last night so I couldn't really articulate it correctly.

It didn't massively affect me but it can and will affect many other people, potentially with lots of knock on effects to people's livelihoods etc. It causes massive disruption all because someone wants the attention during their half hearted attempt at offing themselves. Lots of people kill themselves without the selfish forced involvement of the general public.

But it shouldn't piss me off. Since climbing on the bridge at midday yesterday, he's still there now and the police are still doing everything they can to talk him down. A life in desperate turmoil is still a life and we should do everything we can to attempt to save every individual from themselves at their lowest point. Perhaps it makes a few people change their plans and be late over the weekend, but if he's saved, then in 6 months is out of the darkness and realises life is worth living then it's all been worth it.

Needs of the many against the needs of the few.

• Like 1

Trainspotters

I wonder what these types get out of there hobby, it's a real bizarre choice to stand on platform just right down a few digits in a notebook

i think they love trains in a way that some people like planes or cars. some people take time to go to airports or exclusive parts of london for their equivalent of trainspotting. i like planes and cars and i've been to the nec and airshows, but going about it like a regular hobby is a bit ott.

Trainspotters

I wonder what these types get out of there hobby, it's a real bizarre choice to stand on platform just right down a few digits in a notebook

It's all about filming trains on a crappy camera and uploading the video to the YouTubes these days. 

I'm in this one! :blink:

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Â