Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I thought the colder countries had (relatively) lower cost of heating out of necessity. I know it's relative peanuts in Canada for example. Although it doesn't surprise me that Scandinavia would be a bit dear for something :D

Not really. In Canada it's cheap mainly because, depending on where you are (or whether you speak French, really), you either:

a) have essentially all electricity generated by hydropower (Quebec)

B) have more proven oil & gas reserves than anybody this side of the Saudis and Venezuela

• Like 2

Bloody cars. In for its service, and I get a phone call - with the two words you least want to hear (especially just before Xmas):

Head gasket.

:bang:

Ouch. 

That wasn't quite the word I used, but yes.

Bloody cars. In for its service, and I get a phone call - with the two words you least want to hear (especially just before Xmas):

Head gasket.

Please take my "like" as a show of solidarity, etc.

At least you won't be needing it to go to work :D

• Like 1

Head gasket.

what make of car ?

Head gasket.

what make of car ?

Citroen C3. To be fair, it's been completely trouble-free for years, so I guess when you take into account the cost spread over time, it's not so bad.

But the bill still comes in NOW. Won't be much change out of a grand. 

Edited by mjmooney

Head gasket.

what make of car ?

Citroen C3. To be fair, it's been completely trouble-free for years, so I guess when you take into account the cost spread over time, it's not so bad.

But the bill still comes in NOW. Won't be much change out of a grand. 

probably ....head gasket skimmed  + water pump would need to be replaced best part of a day in costs 

Not necessarily. If it's getting to an age where stuff is going to start going wrong with it, you might be better selling it once it's up and running or risk getting more regular maintenance bills.

I thought the colder countries had (relatively) lower cost of heating out of necessity. I know it's relative peanuts in Canada for example. Although it doesn't surprise me that Scandinavia would be a bit dear for something :D

Not really. In Canada it's cheap mainly because, depending on where you are (or whether you speak French, really), you either:

B) have more proven oil & gas reserves than anybody this side of the Saudis and Venezuela

Yep and if Canada doesn't play ball, I'm expecting an invasion from the US border, Drone strikes and all...

Not necessarily. If it's getting to an age where stuff is going to start going wrong with it, you might be better selling it once it's up and running or risk getting more regular maintenance bills.

Yeah, it's a bit of a fine line, I agree.

I recently sold my car having had problems with it for 12 months or so. My recommendation would be to get rid ASAP as these things only tend to get worse, and hence more costly. By the time I sold my car, I barely took enough money to cover the costs of getting it up to a saleable condition.

Yep and if Canada doesn't play ball, I'm expecting an invasion from the US border, Drone strikes and all...

Tbf, the part of Canada with the oil, if given the choice, would probably prefer to be in the US.

:snip:

Tbf, the part of Canada with the oil, if given the choice, would probably prefer to be in the US.

I think the good folk of Calgary would prefer to be in the UK :-)

Edited by drat01

Â