Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Do you use Chrome? 

Get Ad Blocker Pro for Chrome (it's free) and it'll hide every advert on Youtube, including the video ones before the video you're watching.

However, if you don't donate to the site, make sure to put Vt on your "White List" (i.e. make it NOT block ads on VillaTalk) otherwise Limpid don't get no cash

I didn't know this would work for YouTube adverts, that's great thank you. 

The adverts on this very site, showing me Fender Telecasters, holidays in Sardinia and Cougar Dating make it pretty clear how google make their money, of course they don't sell 'my information', I was just having a "things that piss you off that shouldn't" moan. 

People who fawn over John Lennon just because he is John Lennon, even though they don't know anything about him or listen to any of his music.

I love The Beatles, they are my favourite band, but he is idolized way too much.

I think dying young or in tragic circumstances gives someone a kind of mystique. Same could be said for James Dean, Marilyn Monroe or Kurt Cobain.

If it was McCartney who was killed instead of Lennon, would he have had the same? Speaking purely from a personal view, it was McCartney who penned all of my favourite Beatles tracks. 

I think dying young or in tragic circumstances gives someone a kind of mystique. Same could be said for James Dean, Marilyn Monroe or Kurt Cobain.

If it was McCartney who was killed instead of Lennon, would he have had the same? Speaking purely from a personal view, it was McCartney who penned all of my favourite Beatles tracks. 

Very good question. I think yes. 

Lennon would have become an old bore, and people would have gone on about McCartney's melodic pop genius. 

It's the way it is. 

Getting married in August and sorting out a gift list. The future wife has made a huge list and I made some suggestions which she tore into - in turn I tore into some of her suggestions as payback.

A **** Take That CD FFS and my suggestion of Kitchen Utensils got hammered.    

Getting married in August and sorting out a gift list. The future wife has made a huge list and I made some suggestions which she tore into - in turn I tore into some of her suggestions as payback.

Get out now!

Can't you just go into some stores to sort out the gift registry and have a scanner or something for each of you? That way you both can put whatever you want on there and fate decides what you get...But a Take That CD as a wedding gift...I'd run and fast!!!  ;)

Someone who I have not seen since 2005 and who I hated bumped into me in town 2 weeks ago. After a slight altercation and a few words he claimed I had no friends. Now tell me if you have not seen someone for over 7 years and for 5 of those 7 years you have lived in a completely different area (London, Munich). How would you know how many friends I had? It shouldn't really piss me off, so I guess it is perfect for this thread.

people who like hurt by johnny cash, the only song that they know by johnny cash. I hate these people more than any one else. I hate them as much as I hate people that like u2 or coldplay.

People who think that Johnny Cash was the only good country artist. People who couldn't name any other country artist. People who think country music is all shit. People who use the term "country and western".

• Like 2

people who like hurt by johnny cash, the only song that they know by johnny cash. I hate these people more than any one else. I hate them as much as I hate people that like u2 or coldplay.

People who think that Johnny Cash was the only good country artist. People who couldn't name any other country artist. People who think country music is all shit. People who use the term "country and western".

Country and Western music is all shit though.  ;)  :D

Conrad Twitty - and sorry Moonman - but its all gash.

:P

EDIT - and now I've seen Hogso has written Dolly Parton. She's a **** good songwriter I'll give her that.

Edited by Eames

Do you not already live together?

Traditionalist, hey?!

I'm getting married in May. But we've lived together for nigh on 2 years. So we don't need gifts as such. We've asked for contributions to a honeymoon. 

Â