Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Is weed like coriander in that different people have different experiences of it. Weed smell to me is absolutely sickening. Even back in my days of pipes, hot knives and bongs I detested the smell. My daughter loves the smell though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is weed like coriander in that different people have different experiences of it. Weed smell to me is absolutely sickening. Even back in my days of pipes, hot knives and bongs I detested the smell. My daughter loves the smell though. 

My daughters original accommodation at Uni absolutely reeked of it.  I mean it had been empty for presumably 4 + months yet it was almost overpowering when you walked in.  She actually started to feel ill.  We got her moved, I've absolutely no idea how anyone could live in that.

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Smells sweet to me (as an ex-heavy user - 30 years ago)

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

In our local fb group someone posted (anonymously) that they were due to move to the estate but when they came to view the house noticed the neighbour was smoking weed in their garden and could smell it in their soon to be new home.

I was surprised just how many people were of the opinion “it’s nothing, don’t worry about it, leave them to it”.

For me it would be an instant deal breaker even if it meant losing money. I would never complete the purchase a house where the neighbour smoked weed which blew into my house.

Part of the issue seems to be that weed smokers seem to become numb to the smell over time and don’t recognise how bad/strong it is.

if your neighbours smoke weed just play bagpipes in your back garden to get your own back 

• Haha 3

I dislike the smell of weed. 

Back in my day, it was actually pretty rare, cannabis was mostly in resin form. 

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if your neighbours smoke weed just play bagpipes in your back garden to get your own back 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Not a fan myself, when we moved I was hoping the dossing bag of shit next door would not be out with his joint and stupid Alexa playing shit music.

On the flip side having just spent time in California where it’s legal, it didn’t seem that bad, and didn’t smell a normal cigarette once.

The UK's in a bit of a state of flux with cannabis.

With police resources stretched as they are, they're not always taking the types they're finding with personal quantities of cocaine down the station anymore. If they're satisfied that they've identified you correctly? They'll take the sniff and I guess you'll get a fine or summons in the post? I didn't see what happened next to find out which? 

Cannabis edibles are here now, illegally obviously, but it's moving the culture away from the historic perception of being seedy and illicit.

th-1889078160.jpg.f76b813d9f182be21a3c096cda3a9b61.jpg

Canada and Israel were in the top 3 stoner states a couple of years ago. I didn't see that coming in 1990.

Don't know what happens next really? At the moment on a still Summer day, everywhere stinks of weed in London. Brixton to Kingston there it is. Legalised, I suppose it's feasible that the smells could drop off? (Though I wouldn't put the mortgage on it ). There will be people that choose edibles, and the dry herb vapes hardly smell at all unless someone's exhaling in your face?th-3488389494.jpg.50ff9c599ed7227d1ca1b5276e4a9b03.jpg

I'm off work this week, so thought I'd help my mother and take her A class into Mercedes for service. I personally booked it in too for service MOT and the mirror was broken where someone damaged it in a carpark. Now as people may know I work in the trade so know all the bullshit. Firstly they kept me waiting for at least 20 minutes, then they said they didn't have the mirror in stock (I did ask to order in advance)  so may have to keep the car another day, which I thohght okay, as we had a courtesy car. The guy gave me the keys to the coutesy vehicle (not the most customer service friendly guy), to find out t was a sign written Citan van. I obviously raised the issue and as normally happens he sent someone else out to see me and tell me there was no other vehicles available and did I want to rebook?? I just ended up taking the it. 

So they called me later yesterday afternoon to say the vehicle was complete, but they haven't had time for the MOT, due to 'work load?? Which is the usual boll***s, as they are willing to take my (or my mothers) £700 for the easy mirror and service, but  cannot be arsed with the MOT as they make no money. So I had a bit of a hissy fit, an said, you have it for another day anyway, so just to get ot done the next day, to which he replied, they have no time. Cut a longer story short, I said the car was booked for service and MOT, so I am expecting a service and MOT, so let me know when it's done.

I have many experience with dealerships, an unless your going in for your easy new car service, they are just not interested, an the customer service lately esepcially at the big dealers is next to useless. I had my own car booked for repair when I was at Mercedes Stockport for a meeting. I was there all day and when I asked for the keys found out apparently they didn't have time and it wasn't done???

8 hours ago, Genie said:

In our local fb group someone posted (anonymously) that they were due to move to the estate but when they came to view the house noticed the neighbour was smoking weed in their garden and could smell it in their soon to be new home.

I was surprised just how many people were of the opinion “it’s nothing, don’t worry about it, leave them to it”.

Probably dossers as well. Like you said, I'd absolutely hate to live anywhere where I could smell it in my garden/house.

The back of the flats where i live sometimes pongs of it, but luckily it doesn't go into the communal stairwell. No issue with people smoking it, I just don't want to smell it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Must be rimming every magistrate in the greater London area is all I can think.

Horrible plastic tart.

Rancid bag she is. Its her kids I feel for... her flagrant disregard for the law is hardly a great example to set, let alone smoking more pipe than a Sherlock Holmes convention and receiving more loads than a Hotpoint service centre.

Rotten old sloshpot.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Xann said:

The UK's in a bit of a state of flux with cannabis.

With police resources stretched as they are, they're not always taking the types they're finding with personal quantities of cocaine down the station anymore. If they're satisfied that they've identified you correctly? They'll take the sniff and I guess you'll get a fine or summons in the post? I didn't see what happened next to find out which? 

Cannabis edibles are here now, illegally obviously, but it's moving the culture away from the historic perception of being seedy and illicit.

th-1889078160.jpg.f76b813d9f182be21a3c096cda3a9b61.jpg

Canada and Israel were in the top 3 stoner states a couple of years ago. I didn't see that coming in 1990.

Don't know what happens next really? At the moment on a still Summer day, everywhere stinks of weed in London. Brixton to Kingston there it is. Legalised, I suppose it's feasible that the smells could drop off? (Though I wouldn't put the mortgage on it ). There will be people that choose edibles, and the dry herb vapes hardly smell at all unless someone's exhaling in your face?th-3488389494.jpg.50ff9c599ed7227d1ca1b5276e4a9b03.jpg

I do wonder why there isn't more talk about legalisation of weed in the UK. It has recently been legalised in Germany. 

15 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I do wonder why there isn't more talk about legalisation of weed in the UK. It has recently been legalised in Germany. 

Because the country is being run by old men that think cannabis will turn the whole nation into smackheads, unfortunately.

Getting up before 6am to go to work. Set my alarm last night for 5:50am and not only did I have to get up and walk briskly to the bus stop, once I get to work I'm going to have to do things. They're going to make me. It doesn't seem right. Being up at this hour should be enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, YLN said:

Getting up before 6am to go to work. Set my alarm last night for 5:50am and not only did I have to get up and walk briskly to the bus stop, once I get to work I'm going to have to do things. They're going to make me. It doesn't seem right. Being up at this hour should be enough.

Work, and the requriment to do it for 48 of the 52 weeks of the year is basically a form of torture.

• Like 2

Â