Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Both my Dad and Grandad are/were mad Villa fans. My Dad had trials for them in the 60s

When I was 8 or 9, these were part of my Xmas present haul! I watched/read these all the time. I can probably still name 50 pre-war Villa players!

S-l1600.jpg

DSC-0849-cf33b402-51f3-49a3-a32f-891ddc9

41-QQU71u0-AL-AC-UF1000-1000-QL80.jpg

Might be the difference - my Dad is a Newport County fan and my Mum a Newcastle fan. There’s no Villa in my blood as such :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Both my Dad and Grandad are/were mad Villa fans. My Dad had trials for them in the 60s

When I was 8 or 9, these were part of my Xmas present haul! I watched/read these all the time. I can probably still name 50 pre-war Villa players!

S-l1600.jpg

I got the video for Christmas back in the 80's. Watched it so many times. Happy days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Wrong video there chap. 😂

Tape.png

If only you'd put that effort in to obeying the speed limits on the M6 ;) :P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

S-l1600.jpg

I've got that complete record book too. If I remember the last in the history section says something like the sleeping giant re-awakening. 

Well it's taken some time. Opened our eyes briefly in 94 and 96 before drifting off again in 2016, but yes, it really does seem like we're properly awake again now. 

I guess a giant does take a long time to wake up. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Prestigious football award ceremonies being hijacked by morons like this.

Is there really a market for this? The friggin 'YouTube Generation',  I'm officially old.

Absolutely agree with this. I'm 31, and I feel like the generational gap between my generation and this YouTube generation is way bigger than, say, that of mine and my parents' generation. I just don't get any of this shit at all.

• Like 3

To every football podcast, show, discussion, radio, TV, friends, coworkers....can we talk about football without me having to listen to your FPL drivel.

I couldn't care less if you have someone in your team.

I do FPL.

I've done it since before FPL, on the BBC, I've done it since you did it through the newspaper once a year with no transfers. 

I enjoy FPL. I just don't bore people with my teams or who or who I don't have. It's not interesting. Nobody cares but you.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

To every football podcast, show, discussion, radio, TV, friends, coworkers....can we talk about football without me having to listen to your FPL drivel.

I do FPL.

I've done it since before FPL, on the BBC, I've done it since you did it through the newspaper once a year with no transfers. 

I enjoy FPL. I just don't bore people with my teams or who or who I don't have. It's not interesting. Nobody cares but you.

Gutted Villa lost 5-0 to Citeh and Haaland scored all 5, but at least he is in my FPL team as triple captain.

**** off. There are no 'buts' in this scenario. Shove your fantasy team up your anus. 

On 07/09/2019 at 20:51, chrisp65 said:

Went to a shop today that sold ‘world famous’ pork pies.

30 miles down the road when we found a spot to eat them ..... salt. Just salt no other flavour could push through. To the point I wondered if there’d been a mistake with the batch or something.

Was disappoint.

Ironbridge?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I do FPL.

There do a actual 30 minutes section on SSN Saturday morning. Podcasters on talking about who they changed and how they got on. Who gives a flying ******!!

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There do a actual 30 minutes section on SSN Saturday morning. Podcasters on talking about who they changed and how they got on. Who gives a flying ******!!

Over 11 million people play FPL, so quite a lot of people.

I do agree with Rodders though, when it creeps into normal punditry it's annoying.

Nothing wrong with it's own dedicated section though

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Went to a restaurant with them

Nephew ordered a burger, no salad, came with tomato sauce on it... My mom took a bottle of heinz tomato sauce out of her bag, scraped their tomato sauce off with a knife and a serviette and put the heinz on... He still refused to eat it

"can you go and make a complaint"

"no"

"why not?"

"because I'm not absolutely insane"

I NEED more examples of this, it's both captivating and infuriating

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Â