Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

36 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

When people add an "r" in the word "saw" as in "I sawr that". It's moronic.

Zounds loike a west country accent my luvver. 

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Zounds loike a west country accent my luvver. 

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but as someone who has a westcountry accent and has been given grief for it for decades and struggled to be accepted at work and at university  because of it, this post seems condescending to me. 

Suitably apt for this thread at least then.

Edited by Rds1983

41 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but as someone who has a westcountry accent and has been given grief for it for decades and struggled to be accepted at work and at university  because of it, this post seems condescending to me. 

Suitably apt for this thread at least then.

All part of VT Patronising Week. 

Seriously, I'm married to a Devon lass, and so is one of my best (Brummie) mates. When we get together, the four of us continually take the piss out of our own accents. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

All part of VT Patronising Week. 

Seriously, I'm married to a Devon lass, and so is one of my best (Brummie) mates. When we get together, the four of us continually take the piss out of our own accents. 

Rightfully so, Norfolk, West Country, Walsall, surely all accents are fair game. Not individuals, but the accent. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

You had sex with this man, didn't you? 

Nearly.

I was working. And straight. As was he.

Still gave it a damned good go though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

When people add an "r" in the word "saw" as in "I sawr that". It's moronic.

Yeah, if I ever heard that, ever in my life it would piss me off. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Can't believe you've got the nuts to come on a forum mainly populated by Brummies and post that 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

My mother is making me irrationally angry at the moment. 

Her neighbour is called Charlotte. 

For some reason she pronounces is SharLOT, with a heavy emphasis on the LOT. 

I don't know why she does it and I don't know why it annoys me but it does. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe you've got the nuts to come on a forum mainly populated by Brummies and post that 😂🤣😂

The Brummie accent is supposedly seen as dull and working class. The South West one is seen as uneducated, rustic and backwards. They both suck.

At least you get some interesting characters in films and TV though. All we get is either Pirates or Doc Martin.

Let's not make this an argument about which accent is worse though. That'd be like two kid's arguing that they're fatter and uglier than the other.

We both lose. 

Could be worse though, we could be Scouse.

• Haha 2

Â