Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

59 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Guys came to fit the Cedar panelling on the top half of the house at the back above the extension today. While they were setting up, I asked them if it needs varnishing? "course mate, every 12 weeks this time of year, although most let it fade to the silver colour". 

Fade to the silver colour? You mean rotten, like an old shed, no thanks!! They didn't tell me this before I bought it, every 12 weeks with £150 a tin of varnish, not to mention how am I gonna get to the top of the house to do it. Shockingly the jobs now on hold, they wasn't happy.

Wood panelling on the outside of a house? In the 21st Century?

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wood panelling on the outside of a house? In the 21st Century?

It's actually contemporary, well in fashion, depends where you live I guess, if it's Yorkshire, it'll just be on ya posh cowshed. Anyway, might go UPVC cladding now, less hassle.

6 Music's current daytime presenters are temporarily Laverne, Nemone, Hawkins, Lamacq and it's probably the best line up they'll have before Craig bastard Charles and Mary Ann Hobbs return it to normality next week. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Milfner said:

6 Music's current daytime presenters are temporarily Laverne, Nemone, Hawkins, Lamacq and it's probably the best line up they'll have before Craig bastard Charles and Mary Ann Hobbs return it to normality next week. 

Not a patch on Mayo, Goodier and Pat Sharp on GHR ;) 

You go on social media and someone calls out a sourced, evidenced argument and doesn't back it up with a counter argument that has evidence or a source. Or they have a hot take that's based on "apparently" or "I heard". Its frustrating. I get a lot of that on my social media. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's actually contemporary, well in fashion, depends where you live I guess, if it's Yorkshire, it'll just be on ya posh cowshed. Anyway, might go UPVC cladding now, less hassle.

Just check that it won't burst into flames.

Edited by The Fun Factory

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You go on social media and someone calls out a sourced, evidenced argument and doesn't back it up with a counter argument that has evidence or a source. Or they have a hot take that's based on "apparently" or "I heard". Its frustrating. I get a lot of that on my social media. 

Yes... social media.. definitely not on VT...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Well, they should just say "anonymous sources" rather than "I heard". Adding "official" to that is a pro move to demonstrate just how serious your point is. Works for the NYT etc.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Well, they should just say "anonymous sources" rather than "I heard". Adding "official" to that is a pro move to demonstrate just how serious your point is. Works for the NYT etc.

"People are saying..."   works with the MAGA crowd.

On 07/03/2023 at 17:25, foreveryoung said:

Guys came to fit the Cedar panelling on the top half of the house at the back above the extension today. While they were setting up, I asked them if it needs varnishing? "course mate, every 12 weeks this time of year, although most let it fade to the silver colour". 

Fade to the silver colour? You mean rotten, like an old shed, no thanks!! They didn't tell me this before I bought it, every 12 weeks with £150 a tin of varnish, not to mention how am I gonna get to the top of the house to do it. Shockingly the jobs now on hold, they wasn't happy.

At least all the extra insulation they insisted you had is paying for itself now.

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

People sarcastically complaining about people who mention it's snowing.

You're the worst.

I think we found ourselves a social media snow announcer 😉 

• Haha 1

Â