Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Its more likely that the litter is the responsibility of the local town/borough council but the roads and verges are the responsibility of the county council and they don’t really talk to each other.

Many people complain about potholes, streetlights, speed bumps etc to the local borough council who remind them its the responsibility of Staffordshire County Council and they need to direct their complaints there instead.

Bit harsh that Staffordshire County Council is responsible for all potholes, streetlights, speed bumps etc but I guess it explains the country-wide delay in these things getting sorted.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit harsh that Staffordshire County Council is responsible for all potholes, streetlights, speed bumps etc but I guess it explains the country-wide delay in these things getting sorted.

They have ownership of all the roads in the county. So when people complain about Tamworth, or Lichfield councils for example neglecting the roads it’s not actually their responsibility.

• Like 1

Just got whacked with a monster tax bill (over a grand GBP)

I suspect it's because I changed jobs start of November and when doing tax calculations, they didn't take into account my previous months and undertaxed me, but I've heard I have just over a week to pay it.

It would be fine (as fine as it can be) but right now we're still finishing our house and it's literally money in, and money straight out.

FFS

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Gender reveal parties - when, how and why did that become a thing!?!? 

I'm guessing but I'd say it probably originated in Batshit, Crazytown in 'Merica

• Like 3

Had to have a new PC. 

My old one I had around eight years and was still running Windows 7 with no problems. 

New one has Windows 10.

I hate it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Had to have a new PC. 

My old one I had around eight years and was still running Windows 7 with no problems. 

New one has Windows 10.

I hate it. 

I've very recently gone from Windows 7 to 10 for work. Takes a bit of getting used to alright. Now the thing wants to go to 11. Won't be happening.

Just now, BOF said:

I've very recently gone from Windows 7 to 10 for work. Takes a bit of getting used to alright. Now the thing wants to go to 11. Won't be happening.

Where the **** is Freecell and Hearts? 

😕

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Where the **** is Freecell and Hearts? 

😕

As mine is a work installation I likely wouldn't have those anyway :) But I do like that you can just type after clicking the bottom left windows icon and it brings up all the apps that match what you're typing.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is probably very unoriginal, and it's not my own thought.

But since it was pointed out to me I can't stop thinking about it.

Everyone pronounces Manic Street Preachers wrong.

They're not preachers from Manic Street. They're Street Preachers who are Manic.

It should be the Manic STREET Preachers.

But we all say the Manic-Street PREACHERS

I don't

Spoiler

Manic Sheep Bleachers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They're not preachers from Manic Street. They're Street Preachers who are Manic.

We don't.

They're the Manics.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Huh? This is news to me, I've always said the former (stress on 'street'). It obviously references street preachers. The idea of "Manic Street" being an address never occurred to me. Until now. And now you've got me thinking maybe I'm wrong, and it should have the stress on 'Preachers'... 

Edited by mjmooney

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand.  I just say Manic Street preachers with no pause, emphasis or anything.  Am I missing a joke or something?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't understand.  I just say Manic Street preachers with no pause, emphasis or anything.  Am I missing a joke or something?

It's MANIC STREET PREACHERS for one song and manic street preachers for the rest.

Â