Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You are basically letting them go on the hunt for woolly mammoth whilst you saunter around gathering fruit and nuts with the ladies.

I’m happy to go gathering fruit and nuts with the sexy ladies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

When we last moved house it was bloody freezing and snowing. I think I was more grateful for spending money on labour than any other point in my life. I did feel guilty watching them though.

We've only moved house once and I wouldn't even give a second thought to doing it myself. Those removal guys are like man machines. Astonishing how quick they work and what they can carry. 

Surprisingly cheap as well I thought. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

When we last moved house it was bloody freezing and snowing. I think I was more grateful for spending money on labour than any other point in my life. I did feel guilty watching them though while I stroked myself all over covered in briwax and hammerite. 

FTFY.

School run yesterday there were roadworks that nearly made me late. Assumed they were ongoing so left ridiculously early. No roadworks, roads clear as the school run hadn't started and I am **** early for pick up. 

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

School run yesterday there were roadworks that nearly made me late. Assumed they were ongoing so left ridiculously early. No roadworks, roads clear as the school run hadn't started and I am **** early for pick up. 

If I'm doing the school run and I'm not early by at least 40 minutes there is zero chance of finding a parking space within about a mile. I take a book. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Non twist-off bottle caps. In this day and age is there any reason not to have a twist off bottle cap? It can be really unclear on some bottles too making the first you know about it after a frustrating wrestling match that shreds the skin on your hands whilst you wonder for 2-3 seconds if it’s just on really tight.

Edited by Eidolon

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I'm doing the school run and I'm not early by at least 40 minutes there is zero chance of finding a parking space within about a mile. I take a book. 

Similar issues at our lad's school with people turning up sometimes an hour early. It appears it's a self fulfilling prophecy as people just get earlier and earlier. So glad we're able to either walk or cycle most days. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Similar issues at our lad's school with people turning up sometimes an hour early. It appears it's a self fulfilling prophecy as people just get earlier and earlier. So glad we're able to either walk or cycle most days. 

Fortunately it's only an occasional duty for me. I'd happily walk, but it's way too far from our house. 

Â