Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

What does that even mean? 

Sounds like an addiction to anabolic steroids. 

Something I have to put on my social media profile to prove I'm hip, woke and trying to get over the pure injustice of my dad not coming to my under -14 soccer quarter-final vs Sedgley seals because he was **** a young a bar-person with huge tits who didn't nag the shyte out of him every five minutes like mom did #overshare #sorrynotsorry #dadssuckm #helpmeplease

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Or any 'real music'.🤐

🙄 pretentious guff, virtually all music is ‘real music’ specific genres might not be to your tastes but it’s such a bore when people write off everything not exactly to their precise interests as somehow less than worthy. Nothing personal but that’s something worthy of this thread to me

• Like 2

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I bought Spotify's Greatest Hits on vinyl.

This interested me as I don't know who had the most listens on Spotify and would make their greatest hits 

Apparently in 2021 the most streamed artist was bad bunny with 9.1 billion, I genuinely don't have a clue who that is but Wikipedia tells me he does Latino trap, I genuinely don't know what that is either 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eidolon said:

🙄 pretentious guff, virtually all music is ‘real music’ specific genres might not be to your tastes but it’s such a bore when people write off everything not exactly to their precise interests as somehow less than worthy. Nothing personal but that’s something worthy of this thread to me

It's also odd that Adele is being labelled as not real music.

You may not like her stuff, but what isn't "real" about it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This interested me as I don't know who had the most listens on Spotify and would make their greatest hits 

Apparently in 2021 the most streamed artist was bad bunny with 9.1 billion, I genuinely don't have a clue who that is but Wikipedia tells me he does Latino trap, I genuinely don't know what that is either 

All I know about that dude is he was on WWE for like 4 weeks and was a surprisingly competent in ring performer 

Edited by Eidolon

On 19/01/2022 at 17:30, rjw63 said:

Be much easier to just quit smoking. 

I still enjoy a cigarette. Five a day or thereabouts. Smoking daily since age 14 certainly wasn't smart for my basketball career, but that given the poverty and difficulties my home life brought with it, my career was never really going to reach the heights it mightve when I was in selection for the Australian Institute of Sport at age 11 after being first selected for the nationals tournament for best players in the country. The decisions I made out of depression and disillusionment that followed might be reason I became a smoker. However I've endured far worse than a cigarette throughout this lifetime. And as I said I still enjoy a cigarette. I don't drink any alcohol unless it's one or two drinks for somebody else's celebratory occasion. 

You are right though it's not exactly a habit to promote.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 02:16, blandy said:

Back in the old days, I sued to go into the local building society branch on a saturday morning, to get my money out for the week. There was a lady worked there at the counter who wouldn't speak to people if she could help it, I noticed after a few weeks of queuing. Every person would go up and say [e.g.] "Morning - Can I pay in this cheque/take out 50 pounds"? or whatever, and the woman would take the pass book and do the transaction, barely looking up or speaking.

So I made it my plan, when I got to the head of the queue to say nothing, to wait until she looked up and said something before I would speak. I knew she had to look up and speak first, to indicate she was ready in the eyes of any onlooker in the queue. So I always won my little game. She wasn't rude as such, but I don't think she liked people at all.

I really don't blame anybody for having a shit time of it and being disappointed, even disillusioned with people to the degree they just don't bother. There is a real tendency for people to be so blind in their ways that they think what determines survival is one's capacity to take life as a means to keeping your own. That's a means to death not promoting life. How creative and inspiring is that line of thinking? I'm not saying it is everybody's approach or philosophy, but I would say everyone has seen it to varying degree's. Masculinity being about one's capacity to inflict physical damage and be feared, while femininity is about how well one can undermine another's character. How utterly backwards and toxic people can be. High school is the great example of it, and guess what? That's also where our future generations spend half their waking hours developing and sensing what this world is about and what it entails for them. 

What irks me is when we lose sight of the truth that just because you've suffered in life, doesn't make it your entitlement to make it that way for others. You've got to acknowledge that while things may have happened that you didn't appreciate, or that simply obliterated one's sense of faith that it will come good. It's your responsibility to make it different if you want it to be that way, because as has so clearly been established already, others could give a damn about how you're day is with any real or genuine concern. 

My heart goes out to that lady, and I hope that someone came along and offered her a reminder that she's appreciated and that life is a blessing, but as we are life, we must be responsible for seeing that we embody the ways in which we want if to be. Apathy and malevolence never really spawned good vibes anywhere I've been.

Edited by A'Villan

People who witness a road traffic accident and who can't be arsed to be nice so just drive off.

**** numpties. It takes 2 minutes to pass someone your details for contact so the person who got hit can get the full claim in and it not end up 50/50 because it's 'their word against yours'

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

People who witness a road traffic accident and who can't be arsed to be nice so just drive off.

**** numpties. It takes 2 minutes to pass someone your details for contact so the person who got hit can get the full claim in and it not end up 50/50 because it's 'their word against yours'

I watch a dashcam channel on YouTube and the amount of times I see people who have clear footage of a accident just drive off, it's infuriating. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I watch a dashcam channel on YouTube and the amount of times I see people who have clear footage of a accident just drive off, it's infuriating. 

I only saw 1 and my dash cam caught it. It was a good job too as the woman who crashed into the side of another woman when she entered a round about without looking tried to shift the blame onto the innocent party.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 10:41, StefanAVFC said:

Another woman dead because because Christians think even a dead baby killing its mum shouldn't be aborted.

And she leaves behind 3 actual living kids who no longer have a mother. So much for the anti-abortion law "protecting children".

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And she leaves behind 3 actual living kids who no longer have a mother. So much for the anti-abortion law "protecting children".

Pro-life until they're born. Same as the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

How else would they be able to promote their adoption businesses to get more money from the state?

Â