Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m still working from home. I was hoping they might let us log off around lunchtime on Christmas Eve.

Instead, I just got emailed an invite to a video call on Friday afternoon to play Pictionary, charades and other fun games.

Great.

Yeah I got an Email too, they are logging on to play Charades with alcohol Thursday evening. They always seem to forget they are my work colleagues and not my actual friends though, so obviously giving it a miss.

• Like 3

Party food. Now I like my food and am quite a big fella but one thing bugs me…

Why is it if I make/cook party food or do a buffet, I don’t feel like eating any of it but if I go somewhere, I can literally eat the whole table? Annoying.

• Like 1

"It's Christmas so I ordered the festive pizza."

So because it's Christmas we've got to eat duff pizza.

Get the meat feast on the go now.

Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring, Christmas, Birthdays, Easter, whatever just order the meat feast or another acceptable meat based pizza.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m still working from home. I was hoping they might let us log off around lunchtime on Christmas Eve.

Instead, I just got emailed an invite to a video call on Friday afternoon to play Pictionary, charades and other fun games.

Great.

Just say you are a Jehovah Witness and send them all a copy of the Watchtower.

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2021 at 15:25, Paddywhack said:

Great.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I hope it's mandatory, or that sinister kind of mandatory where they say it isn't mandatory but your future prospects are affected and you are now first on the chopping block.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

I hope it's mandatory, or that sinister kind of mandatory where they say it isn't mandatory but your future prospects are affected and you are now first on the chopping block.

"Merry Christmas!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The email contained the exact phrase “this isn’t mandatory, but..”.

They’re making me redundant on 30th December so it’s safe to say I won’t be joining anyway. 

I don’t usually mind this kind of guff when we’re in the office, but it’d just be painfully awkward over zoom. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

They’re making me redundant on 30th December so it’s safe to say I won’t be joining anyway. 

I don’t usually mind this kind of guff when we’re in the office, but it’d just be painfully awkward over zoom. 

Don't blame ya. That's insensitive to say the least. If you've already been paid ur redundancy money then I wouldn't even log on now. 

Hope you have another job lined up too ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Don't blame ya. That's insensitive to say the least. If you've already been paid ur redundancy money then I wouldn't even log on now. 

Nah, it’s all good, we’ve known it’s been coming for years. I’ve got 3 months paid gardening leave coming up then I’ll get my redundancy money in April. 

Plenty of time to find a new job….and sit on my arse.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Log on without clothes @Paddywhack.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Nah, it’s all good, we’ve known it’s been coming for years. I’ve got 3 months paid gardening leave coming up then I’ll get my redundancy money in April. 

Plenty of time to find a new job….and sit on my arse.

It's a nice break, and you'll be quids in if you get a decent job after a month or two. 

I've seen loads of my colleagues get a chunky pay-off and walk into better jobs. The bastards. 

• Haha 1

Sainsburys collection.

Half a dozen people here. 2 bays for collection only one with a **** telecom.

6 months ago collection was in the empty lot at the back. Park whee you want. Sorted. Wait your turn.

Let's move it to the busiest lot. With the least spaces. So they have to carry it further and whilst your loading your car your car you can get run over.

clearings in the woods!!!!!

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Sorry mate what a crappy piece of news at this time of the year.

Just remember you are better than them.

• Thanks 1

Lloyds chuffing bank. Don’t they realise blokes leave all their Christmas shopping until the last minute and then go mad in a short space of time buying all sorts of tat on the same day in a vain attempt to prove to their nearest and dearest that they actually give a toss? Declining my card just because I did a few orders already today sucks donkey balls. 
I’m now in the poop. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Lloyds chuffing bank. Don’t they realise blokes leave all their Christmas shopping until the last minute and then go mad in a short space of time buying all sorts of tat on the same day in a vain attempt to prove to their nearest and dearest that they actually give a toss? Declining my card just because I did a few orders already today sucks donkey balls. 
I’m now in the poop. 

Oh dear. No Christmas variation built into the algorithm. Amateurs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’m now in the poop. 

Can’t you just ring them and sort it inside 5 mins?

Its never happened to me but a mate of mine had an embarrassing incident with this at the supermarket where they blocked his card as he’d used it about 7 times already. Quick call and block removed.

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can’t you just ring them and sort it inside 5 mins?

Its never happened to me but a mate of mine had an embarrassing incident with this at the supermarket where they blocked his card as he’d used it about 7 times already. Quick call and block removed.

Lost the pin for my phone banking. The whole issue is entirely of my own making, hence the appropriateness for this thread ;)

• Haha 1

Â