Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I always order gammon , egg and chips and then chuckle to myself   :)

Young's have an app as well , which is useful when i go to the half moon @putney

A remainer would have pineapple :trollface:

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

"Latte!!!!" 5 people get up. "Latte for Peter". I get up. It's minor thing that makes both my life and their life easier. 

I don't sit down until my drinks arrive

Having said that, I only ever go inside one starbucks and that is the one in the main road outside Oswestry because

a) the missus is with me and she never knows what she wants

b) its usually time for a piss

Drive-thru every other time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

A remainer would have pineapple :trollface:

The only thing pineapple belongs on is Jason Lee’s head

anyway VP beckons , so that’s my contribution to the thread for the day ...I’ll be grumbling  at other motorists for the next few hours instead 

Edited by tonyh29

I must be in a minority because I've never got a coffee and had to give them my name before.  My favourite coffee was in Milan, generally I'd drink espresso but if I wanted an Americano they'd give you an espresso and cup of hot water to add to it to suit how strong you like it.  Very civilised.

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

''Mixologists'' should go and re-evaluate their job titles. 

You work in a Slug and Lettuce mate, making mojitos for drunk women. You are not an artist so no need to stand there putting on a performance David Copperfield would be proud of. 

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Logically, yes. But it just offends my old fashioned British reserve. We don't use each other's names until we've been formally introduced and have known each other for a while. OK, I'm parodying a certain attitude, but nonetheless, it all feels a bit too "American-style overfamiliarity" to me. They can just as easily  call out "Chocca mocha double decaff soy milk flat white", or, in my case "Filter coffee". Or I'll just stand at the end of the counter and wait for it. 

I once called Meat Loaf Mr Loaf on this very principal, he was unimpressed as everyone calls him Meat and wanted to know why I called him Mr Loaf, I explained that we hadn't been introduced and that this was the British way, he walked away confused and muttering

Starbucks coffee is very much last option, I’ll drive on if a motorway services has that **** man fish logo.

They don’t need your name if you’re in a long queue at the drive through window so its clear;y some shit Americanised bullshit to help them sell their awful coffee to people who say things like ‘can I get a ...’. Arseholes that will grow up to vote tory.

• Like 1

When I was working I used to regularly go in the Bradford centre Starbucks. It was upstairs in the old wool exchange (lovely building), downstairs was Waterstones, so it was a quiet civilised place for a coffee and a read. The ironic thing was that the manager and I actually were on first name terms, as we'd known each other for years. So the oick behind the counter would ask for my name, I'd refuse to give it, and then they were bewildered when Rachel shouted "Mike! Your coffee's ready!" 

Edited by mjmooney

Vegans. Veganuary or whatever nonsense they come up with. So bloody pious thinking they have the secret to eternal life and happiness when they're just annoying.

Edited by peterw
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, peterw said:

Vegans. Veganuary or whatever nonsense they come up with. So bloody pious and thinking the have the secret to eternal life and happiness when they're just annoying.

Same as those smug moustache bastards trying to take ownership of November.

43 minutes ago, peterw said:

Vegans. Veganuary or whatever nonsense they come up with. So bloody pious and thinking the have the secret to eternal life and happiness when they're just annoying.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Â